2019 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Chicago
Store your luggage anywhere in Chicago from $1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Chicago as of 2019:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Chicago, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Chicago straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Chicago. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Chicago: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Chicago to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 30 shops all over Chicago which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Chicago, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only 5$/day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Chicago is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Chicago with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Chicago!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Chicago
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Chicago- We’ve listed them below:
Chicago Union Station
If you have a valid Amtrak train ticket, you can stow your bags with them for the price of $10 per item, per day. Non-customers can also take advantage of this left luggage storage, at the price of $20 per item, per day.
Additionally, if you are traveling from Chicago to another city in the US, you can make use of their checked baggage service. Simply leave your bags with at the Amtrak Counter and pick it up again at your destination.
If finding your whereabouts in transit station when traveling sounds like trying to navigate a labyrinth, check out this handy interactive map of the Union Station.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 225 S Canal St, Chicago, IL 60606 Open in Google Maps
Chicago Bus Station
At this station you can store your belongings for up to 24 hours at the price of $8/item.
- Opening hours:12:00 – 23:59 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 630 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607 Open in Google Maps
These self-service lockers come in two different sizes: medium (which cost $4.99 for up to 3 hours or $9.99 for a full day) or large ($9.99 for up to 3 hours or $14.99 for a full day). Only credit card payments possible.
Use this map to easily find the lockers’ location.
- Opening hours:
10:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Saturday)
10:00 – 19:00 (Sunday)
- Address: 5220 Fashion Outlets Way 2nd Floor, Rosemont, IL 60018 Open in Google Maps
Wait Here Chicago
This service charges a daily flat fee of $17 for one bag (each additional day being an extra $7) or $7 per bag for two bags or more.
Their weekly service includes free pickup and costs $45 for one bag or $35 per bag for two bags or more. Take note that for this second option, the shuttle service is free only during service hours and does not apply for destinations north of the loop, suburbs or O’Hare.
- Opening hours:07:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday; by appointment: also outside usual hours)
- Address: 6439 S Racine Ave, Chicago, IL 60636 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Chicago Airport
Due to safety regulations, neither O’Hare Airport nor Midway International Airport offer a left luggage or luggage storage service. This is the case in most American airports, so it’s best to do a bit of research of storage options before you plan your trip through the States.
This is a comparison of all the companies in Chicago offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Chicago:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Chicago is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Chicago
With countless sight to see, Chicago has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Chicago and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Art Institute of Chicago – you can leave your belongings at the coat-check at the price of $1 per item
- Museum of Science and Industry – you can find the coatcheck in the Entry Hall (price: $3/ item); electronic devices, personal strollers, bicycles, scooter and Seqways cannot be deposited
- Wrigley Field – no storage options available
- Millenium Park – no storage options available
- Adler Planetarium – you can find the coat check at the main box office (price: $3/ item, no size limitations)
- Field Museum of Natural History – you can find the coat check in the Stanley Field Hall near the museum’s south entrance (price: $3/ item)
- Lincoln Park Zoo – there are no storage options available, but you can rent a wagon to more easily carry your bags around with you
- Chicago Cultural Center – no storage optins available
- Shedd Aquarium – you can find coin operated lockers on the premises
- The Chicago Theatre – there is a coat check for handbags and backpacks (price: $2/ item)
- Chicago History Museum – free coat-check for backpacks and small bags
- American Writers Museum – they don’t have lockers onsite but staff might offer to keep your bags during your visit
- Richard Gray Gallery – no information available
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Chicago?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Chicago, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Chicago offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Chicago.