2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in New Orleans
Store your luggage anywhere in New Orleans from $1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in New Orleans as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around New Orleans, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in New Orleans straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in New Orleans. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in New Orleans: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in New Orleans to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option all over New Orleans which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in New Orleans, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only 5$/day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in New Orleans is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy New Orleans with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in New Orleans!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in New Orleans
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Luggage Storage in New Orleans Bus & Train Station
For $8/ item you can store your bags with Greyhound at their New Orleans Bus terminal for up to 24 hours.
- Opening hours: 05:30 – 10:30 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 1001 Loyola Ave Open in Google Maps
As an Amtrak customer, you can store your luggage for $10 per item per day. Not a passenger? You can still use this service for $20 per item per day.
If you want your bags to be taken to or from the airport to your hotel, airport to cruise ship or cruise to airport, you’d pay $25 for one bag or $4 for two bags, each additional bag costing an extra $15. To or from your hotel to the cruise ship, you’d only pay $15 per bag.
- Opening hours: 05:00 – 22:00 Advance Check-in (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: : 3301 Veterans Blvd, Metairie, LA 70001 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in New Orleans Airport
Due to tighter security measures, most airports in the US no longer offer luggage storage options on their premises and the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport makes no exception. But don’t be discouraged, there are other options:
Carry-on Luggage Service
You can ask them to meet you at the Arrivals Terminal where they can pick up your bag, at the cost of $12,99 per bag (no cash payment option). This service operates in the New Orleans Metropolitan Area and parts of the West Bank, Metairie and Kenner. Be aware that using this service between 19:00 and 07:00 entails additional fees.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day
- Location: They meet you at the Arrivals Terminal
This is a comparison of all the companies in New Orleans offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in New Orleans:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage New Orleans is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in New Orleans
With countless sight to see, New Orleans has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in New Orleans and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- National WWII Museum – you can leave carry-on bags at the service desk
- Preservation Hall – this music venue is quite intimate with no storage options, so best stow your bags before
- New Orleans Museum of Art – you can find the coat check near the museum’s front desk
- St Louis Cathedral – as with most places of worship, there is no luggage storage available
- Cabildo – no information available
- Mardi Gras World – no luggage storage options available
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas – you can bring backpacks inside, but there are no lockers onsite
- Audubon Zoo – large items of luggage are not allowed inside and you can only bring one bag per family; no storage option onsite
- Old New Orleans Run Distillery – they do not offer a left luggage service, so best find an alternative before your visit
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in New Orleans?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in New Orleans, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
New Orleans offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in New Orleans.