Guide: Luggage Storage in Munich
Look here if you are looking for lockers and places to leave your luggage in Munich:
If you love to travel, there’s nothing more annoying than carrying your luggage through the entire city. Well, maybe you like to carry it around – if not, this is our coverage of where to store your luggage when in Munich.
You can store your luggage at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. The Service Center in Terminal 1 is open 24 hours a day. The Service Center in Terminal 2 is open daily from 5:00 to 24:00.
Hauptbahnhof (Central Station)
There are several options available at Munich Central Station:
- Short-term baggage lockers – maximum rental period is three days: a small locker (W28 x H42 x D76 cm) costs €3 for 24 hours, a large locker (W47 x H61 x D91 cm) costs €5. In addition, there are 10 ski lockers (W32 x H230 x D54 cm) that cost €5 each for 24 hours.
- Luggage storage – maximum rental period is 4 weeks: for €5 per piece of luggage per 24 hours your luggage will be stored in the main hall, facing the platforms on the right-hand side.
- Long-term baggage lockers – please contact the baggage locker maintenance team (Schließfachaufsicht), located on the left hand-side of the main hall, if you require this service.
Ostbahnhof (Munich East Station)
At Ostbahnhof there are 112 small lockers (W28 x H42 x D76 cm) and 120 large lockers (W47 x H61 x D91 cm) available, which you can rent for 24 hours each – for €3 and €5 respectively.
Pasing Station has 24 small lockers (W28 x H42 x D76 cm) and 12 large lockers (B47 x H61 x D91 cm). They cost €2 and €4 respectively for 24 hours.
You might be lucky to stay in a hotel willing to store your bags. This is a great option if you need a little more time to look around the area where your hotel is located. If you want to explore places away from your hotel, it’s possible that some hotels will let you store your bags for a fee even if you are not a guest. However, it’s not all hotels that offer this service to people who are not staying at the hotel, but it never hurts to ask!
Luggage storage at museums and galleries
If you’re going to store luggage for more than just a few hours, it’s sometimes cheaper to use self-storage facilities at museums and galleries. It’s also a great excuse to experience a cultural aspect in Munich! However, not all museums offer this service and you might have to leave your bags at one of the nearby stations.
Below we’ve gathered a collection of museums and galleries in Munich where you are sometimes welcome to store luggage. Call ahead if you want to be 100% sure.
- Deutsches Museum – Lockers for your luggage are available in the cloakroom.
- Neue Pinakothek – Luggage Lockers are available at the Neue Pinakothek on the upper ground floor.
- Munich Residenz – No large bags (from 35 x 30 x 12 cm), rucksacks or bulky objects may be taken into the Residence. These may be left at the free supervised cloakroom.
- BMW Museum – There are lockers at the BMW museum. They are quite narrow and don’t fit much more than a carry-on bag.
- Egyptian Museum – The Egyptian museum has storage lockers that will fit small bags.
Why you should store your luggage
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack. This is the key reason why you should consider planning where to store your luggage while shopping and exploring the city of Munich.
Besides the struggling with unhandy suitcases, they also put a physical strain on you as you carry them around with you. Therefore, left luggage storage is the perfect service for you! While storing your luggage in a safe place you’re able to enjoy your time in Munich.