2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Dresden
Store your luggage anywhere in Dresden
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Dresden as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive and up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Dresden.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Dresden – We’ve listed them below:
Altmarkt Galerie Dresden
Conveniently located in the old city centre, these coin-operated lockers can be found in two different spots on the lower level of the Altmarkt Galerie shopping centre. Click here for a map of the building.
- Opening hours:
10:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Saturday)
- Address: Webergasse 1, 01067 Dresden Open in Google Maps
Dresden Main Station/ Hauptbahnhof
At this station you can find both lockers, as well as also a staffed left luggage office. The lockers come in two different sizes and cost between €4 and €6.
Finding your way around train stations sounds like a nightmare? This station map can help you quickly locate the available storage options.
- Address: Wiener Platz 4, 01069 Dresden Open in Google Maps
This station is equipped with coin-operated lockers, which cost between €4 and €6. Easily locate them by having a look at the station map .
- Address: Schlesischer Platz 1, 01097 Dresden Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Dresden International Airport
You can find a limited number of lockers, available in three different sizes. They cost €2, €3 and €4 respectively and can be rented for up to 24 hours.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: car park, near the entrance on level 0
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Dresden:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Dresden is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Dresden
With countless sight to see, Dresden has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Dresden and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Frauenkirche – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage options onsite
- Royal Palace – you can find a cloakroom to leave your belongings, but take care of the fact that the queues can get quite long
- Green Vault – the museum provides both coin-operated lockers and as well a cloakroom Zwinger – you can store your belongings in the museum’s complimentary lockers before you start your visit
- Semper Opera House – a free bag check option is available to visitors
- Pillnitz Palace – the palace is equipped with lockers where you can leave yout belongings
- Old Masters Picture Gallery (Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister) – provides a cloakroom and lockers for its visitors
- Albertinum – the museum is equipped with coin-operated lockers
- Japanese Palace – backpacks can be left in the palace’s self-service lockers
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Dresden?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Dresden, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Dresden offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Dresden.