Honeymoon destinations statistics
Do you know the most popular destination for honeymoons? Or what is the average duration for a honeymoon trip?
Today in LuggageHero we bring you some fresh statistics about honeymoon destinations that we dug up for your enjoyment. Keep reading to find out some interesting facts about honeymoons and different destinations!
Honeymoon general statistics
- A honeymoon trip has an average length of 8 days.
- 99% of the couples that planned a traditional wedding will take a honeymoon trip.
- There has been an increase of 80% in LGBTQI+ honeymoons booked with tourism companies.
- Usually, the honeymoon accounts for 14% of the wedding budget.
- 15% of the market comes from luxury honeymoons, where the couple is willing to spend over $7000.
- On average, the cost of a honeymoon is $4,466.
Social Media influence
- One in five newlyweds used social media to find a honeymoon destination.
- 4% of respondents said they were influenced by famous couples on social media to chose the honeymoon destination.
- The most popular international destinations for honeymoons are Mexico (15%), Hawaii (12%), Jamaica (7%), The Bahamas (5%), St Lucia (5%), France (3%), and the Virgin Islands (3%).
- For luxury honeymoons, the most popular places to travel to are Europe (28%), the Caribbean (21%), and the South Pacific (11%).
A helping hand with LuggageHero!
If you are planning your wedding and your honeymoon afterward, why not making it a bit easier with LuggageHero? Take a look at our certified shops’ map at your destination, and let us take care of your luggage while you are celebrating your love with you SO!
Remember that you can also download our app to make everything easier:
Korzystaj z LuggageHero w dowolnym miejscu dzięki oficjalnej aplikacji na iPhone'a i Androida