Luggage storage in 20+ storage locations in Amsterdam
Your 2021 guide to find luggage storage and lockers in Amsterdam
Nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city. That is exactly why we have gathered all the information and best insider tips for you in this Amsterdam luggage storage guide.
Best rated in Amsterdam: LuggageHero
Based on the chart below, LuggageHero is the best luggage storage option in Amsterdam. LuggageHero offers luggage storage in local shops (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) for as low as €1 with the possibility of insurance. Luggage storage in Amsterdam has never been so easy!
Luggage storage chart
The chart is created based on the most popular luggage storage options in Amsterdam.
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Amsterdam.
Why LuggageHero is your best option
Easy, quick, & budget-friendly
- You only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each left luggage. There are no hidden fees
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterward
- You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking
- LuggageHero uses only certified shops and provide security seal at over 20 different Luggage Storage Locations in Amsterdam
- Book online or with our app and receive directions
What do the customers say about LuggageHero
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Amsterdam is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Amsterdam with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Amsterdam!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Claim your 1 Hour Free Luggage Storage Discount Voucher for Amsterdam by clicking here and see how it works here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Find LuggageHero services near Amsterdam stations
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Amsterdam.
- Luggage storage at Amsterdam Centraal — There are several options around the station. One of the most popular ones is located just 370 meters from the station.
- Luggage storage at De Wallen is also possible. LuggageHero has a certified store just 270 from De Wallen.
Other popular destinations in Amsterdam with luggage storage nearby:
Other luggage storage providers in Amsterdam
With countless sights to see, Amsterdam has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
Below is a chart with the most commonly used storage providers in Amsterdam:
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Amsterdam
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Amsterdam and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- The Rijksmuseum – travel luggage cannot be stored at the museum, but they do have a cloakroom for smaller items
- The Anne Frank Museum – there is a cloakroom on site for small bags and coats
- The Van Gogh Museum — the museum has a cloakroom where you can leave small bags and backpacks, but it cannot accommodate larger items
- The Royal Palace – the palace has a cloakroom where you can leave your belongings
- NEMO Science Museum – the museum is equipped with lockers
- Heineken Experience – you can check in your bags and coats at the entrance
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Luggage storage Amsterdam Airport — Schiphol
Is there luggage storage in Amsterdam airport?
The Schiphol Airport has six different luggage storage points, both before and after the security check. They charge €2.5 to use their wardrobe, €6/item/day for small baggage, €9/item/day for larger items, or €12 for odd-size items (such as sports equipment).
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Saturday) and 08:00 – 18:00 (Sunday)
- Location: level -1, between Arrivals 1 and Arrivals 2
Luggage storage in Amsterdam Centraal Train Station
There are self-service lockers you can use, the small ones costing €7 for the first 24 hours and the large one €10/ 24 hours. In case of any troubles figuring lockers out, there is always a service person around that can help you.
The opening hours for luggage storage in Amsterdam Centraal Train Station are:
05:00 – 01:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: right side of the building, as you look from the city center Open in Google Maps
Lock Luggage Storage
Lock Luggage Storage is 5 minutes away from the train station. They charge €5 for small items, €8 for checked-in suitcases, or €10 for larger trolleys. You can pay with both cash and card.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 28, 1012 NH Open in Google Maps
Drop & Go
Another left luggage option is Drop & Go, found 1 minute walk away from the station. Their prices also vary according to luggage size as follows: €4 for small pieces (such as handbags, shopping or laptop bags), €7 for hand luggage, €10 for large items or €15 for suitcases larger than 70cm.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Prins Hendrikkade 86, 1012 NH Open in Google Maps
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Amsterdam?
There can be a lot of reasons why you are in need of luggage storage. Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Amsterdam, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand. We will therefore once again suggest you download the LuggageHero app. You can do that below in a few seconds and you will never have to struggle with your bags again.
Don’t forget to download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
This is the most convenient and easy way to always be sure to have luggage storage at your disposal.
Frequently asked questions about luggage storage in Amsterdam
Luggage storage related questions and answers
Is it possible to store luggage in Amsterdam?
Yes, it is. Many companies provide luggage storage in Amsterdam. LuggageHero has more than 20 certified stores ready to store your luggage.
Can I use an app for storing luggage?
Yes, LuggageHero has made an app which you can use to find luggage storage in Amsterdam and in other cities as well.