A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Nice as of 2021:
The French city of Nice offers all the best ingredients to make a vacation memorable: beautiful beaches and weather, mouth-watering cuisine and some of the most impressive art museums around.
However, something no vacation photos should include are backpacks, suitcases and trolleys keeping you back from having the time of your life on the coast of France.
A left luggage service will have you breathing out a sigh a relief, so that you can breathe in the fresh breeze. LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Nice, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Nice straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Nice. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Nice: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Nice to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 20 shops all over Nice which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Nice, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Save on money, not on safety
Don’t just leave your bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Nice is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Nice with no time limit
You don’t want to rush to pick up your bag before the location closes and you’re not a fan of leaving it behind overnight? We’ve got just what you’re looking for! LuggageHero has partnered up with several central locations in Nice that are open until later in the evening, even 24 hours. Enjoy your chilled Chardonnay without the stress of having to rush and pick up your bag. À vôtre santé!
It’s Nicer with friends
Traveling in a group? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Nice!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers — Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Nice
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Nice.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Nice — We’ve listed them below:
Friend in France
The sightseeing tour operator “Friend in France” also offers airport transfers and luggage storage services. There is a flat fee of €6/bag for using the service for less than 4 hours, or €10/bag for 5 or more hours.
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 18:00 (Monday to Saturday)
- Address: 9 rue Gubernatis, Nice. Open in Google Maps
Bag Guys Nice
At a flat fee of €8/bag/day, the Bag Guys is another good option. To be on the safe side, we’d recommend a call before, to make sure they still have free space.
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 19:00 (Monday to Sunday)
- Address: 34 Rue Centrale, Nice. Open in Google Maps
My bag in Nice
Offering accommodation and concierge services, my bag in Nice additionally provides tourists with a left luggage service. Storage for one to three hours, costs €5/bag, €6/bag for four or five hours. You pay €7/bag when using the service less than 12 hours or €8/bag for 24-hour service.
- Opening hours: 10:00 — 18:00 (Monday to Sunday)
- Address: 7 rue Jules Gilly, Nice. Open in Google Maps
Hotel de Berne
At €6/bag, Hotel de Berne also offers visitors the chance to leave their suitcases behind while going out to explore the city. However, it’s best to call before, as they have limited storage capacity.
- Address: 1 Avenue Thiers, Nice. Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Nice offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Nice:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Nice is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries
Most museums and galleries offer the option to leave your bags at the cloakroom or even have designated lockers for their visitors. It’s a convenient way to enjoy art without worries. However, be mindful of the fact that lockers in most places tend to be rather small in size.
Better safe than sorry – give them a call to make sure the option to leave some bags at the entrance is available at the moment of your visit.
Here’s to locker situation at Nice’s top cultural tourist attractions:
- Matisse Museum (164 Avenue des Arènes de Cimiez, 06000 Nice) — backpacks, large bags and suitcases are not allowed in the museum and your handbags might be checked by the security guards. The museums do offer lockers.
- Marc Chagall National Museum (Avenue Dr Ménard, 06000 Nice) — larger bags are checked and must be left at the entrance area, as only purse-sized bags are permitted inside
- Fine Arts Museum (33 Avenue des Baumettes, 06000 Nice) — does not have lockers, so best book your luggage storage now.
- Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (1 Place Yves Klein, 06000 Nice) — lockers at the museum are quite small, designed for handbags and coats
Luggage storage in Nice Airport
If you want to get rid of your luggage as soon as you land, you can do so at the Nice Airport.
Be aware, that all bags will be checked by the security officers of the Airport Nice Cote d’Azur, and you will have to present your ID or passport, as well as leave a phone number you can be reached at. You cannot store any perishable goods, valuables, dangerous items, animals or plants, so keep that in mind if you want to explore some more after you’ve already bought that rosé wine you want to bring home with you.
There is a flat fee of €14/bag/day for bags and trolleys, and €18/bag/day in the case of bikes, skis or other sports equipment. Storing more than 15 bags will cost €10/bag/day. For you motorcyclists out there, keeping your helmets locked away will entail a fee of €5/day.
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 23:00 (Monday to Sunday)
- Location: Terminal 2, Arrivals level, ground floor between A03 & A04 gates
Luggage storage in Nice Central Train Station
In the SNFC Avenue Thiers station, you can find “La Consigne”, a left luggage service that charges a €5 fee for 24 hours. Their respective prices depend on the size of your luggage
— €5,5/day for a handbag
— €7,5/day for a cabin bag
— €9,5/day for a suitcase
- Opening hours: 9:00 – 19:00 (October to June) / 8:00 – 20:00 (June to September)
- Location: Avenue Thiers, 06008 (open in Google Maps)
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Nice?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Nice, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Nice offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the French Riviera.