LuggageHero to the Rescue!
Trailblazing luggage-storage network expands into NYC with 105-plus convenient sites
New York City, Nov. 30, 2017
Tired of dragging suitcases and backpacks around a city before check-in or after checkout? LuggageHero is here to save the day!
As a vital member of the travel world’s peer-to-peer sharing economy, LuggageHero works like this: You arrive in New York hours before your rental is ready and you want to explore the city without schlepping your bag. Go to luggagehero.com to locate a convenient storage site inside a verified shop or other business, reserve your spot, show up, and check in your luggage. Your bag will be secured with a tamper-proof seal, and you’re free to go have fun!
After a smashing European debut, LuggageHero launches its safe, hassle-free storage network in New York City on Dec. 1. Already, it’s taken Copenhagen and London by storm, with 20,000 pieces of luggage stored across 150 sites in less than a year – with none damaged or lost. Especially helpful for guests staying in rentals, the more than 105-plus storage sites cover four boroughs (so far!). Top destinations include Penn Station, Times Square, Upper East and West sides, and Williamsburg. A map of all locations can be found at LuggageHero.
- Storage sites are plentiful and convenient. Situated inside existing locations, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more, they are part of our vibrant sharing economy. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks.
- To store luggage, travelers simply visit LuggageHero.com, choose a location, and place a booking.
- Luggage is checked in and checked out onsite. For those traveling without internet access, most sites have Wi-Fi (designated on the map).
- No fees are charged until luggage is dropped off.
- Users are charged by the hour, with a reasonable daily maximum. Luggage can be stored for multiple days.
- Security seals are placed on bags to assure that luggage remains secure.
- Each piece of luggage and its contents are insured up to $2,000.
- Customer online chat support is available 24/7.
- Host shops (aka LuggageHeroes) benefit by receiving a portion of the rate and introducing themselves to travelers.
For more details, visit luggagehero.com.
Special “happy-holidays” introductory rate through Jan. 1, 2018!
$1 per hour with a maximum of $7 per day per piece of luggage. This includes security seals and insurance.
$2 per hour with a maximum of $15 per day per piece of luggage first day. This includes security seals and $2000 insurance.
Danish founder and CEO Jannik Lawaetz hatched his luggage-storing service in 2016 from personal experience.
«When I stayed at an Airbnb in London, I had no options for leaving my luggage anywhere after checking out, so I had to lug it around London,» says Lawaetz. On the flip side, as an Airbnb host in his home city of Copenhagen, more than half of Lawaetz’s guests ask for a place to leave their bags on checkout day.
Since he debuted LuggageHero, he has grown the network to 150 drop-off points in Copenhagen and London. The service is endorsed by official tourist offices in both cities.
«It’s a great feeling to make a concept that really helps people,» Lawaetz said. «Being left with your luggage can really ruin an arrival or departure day.»
Contact for information
Jannik Lawaetz, founder and CEO