2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in San Diego
Store your luggage anywhere in San Diego
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in San Diego as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With 25+ locations around San Diego, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in San Diego straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, prices, and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in San Diego. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in San Diego: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in San Diego to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options all over San Diego which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in San Diego, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only 5$/day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in San Diego is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy San Diego with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in San Diego!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in San Diego
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in San Diego- We’ve listed them below:
Santa Fe Depot (train station)
If you have a valid Amtrak train ticket, you can store your suitcases at the station for up to 24 hours at the price of $10. As a non-customer, the price is $20. In case you have any questions or need help with your bags, keep an eye out for the Amtrak “Red Cap” employees, who will happily assist you.
- Opening hours: 03:00 – 19:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 1050 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101 Open in Google Maps
Five Star Tours Visitor Center
This company chares flat daily fees: $7 for one bag, $12 for two items or $20 for three pieces of luggage
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 1050 Kettner Blvd Suite D, San Diego, CA 92101 Open in Google Maps
San Diego Bus Station
You can store your bags at the bus station for up to 24 hours. For more details related to pricing, refer to the company’s customer service agent.
- Opening hours: 05:00 – 23:45 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 1313 National Ave, San Diego, CA 92101 Open in Google Maps
San Diego Zoo
The Zoo is equipped with lockers, which come in three different sizes. Rental prices start at $8 per locker. Additionally, there is a storage area for bulkier items, which you can find inside Front Street Rentals and which costs $15 per item. Only credit card payments are accepted.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101 Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in San Diego offering luggage storage:
Luggage storage in San Diego Airport
This company charges $20 per bag per day and an additional fee for overnight storage. For an extra charge, you can also choose to have your bags delivered to and from the airport to a location situated within a 15 mile (24 km) area of the airport. Luggage pick-up is also available around the clock, for an additional fee.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 20:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: baggage claim area in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 Open in Google Maps
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in San Diego:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage San Diego is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in San Diego
With countless sight to see, San Diego has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in San Diego and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- USS Midway Museum – no bag deposit available; best not have any large items with you, as the passageways are quite narrow and
- San Diego Zoo – lockers are available on site (for more information see above)
- Petco Park – small, soft-sided bags are allowed in the Park; no storage options onsite
- Timken Museum of Art – complementary coat check available on the premises
- San Diego Museum of Art – you an deposit your backpacks and carry-on luggage at the museum’s coat check
- San Diego Air & Space Museum – you’re welcome to take your backpack with you while visiting
- Museum of Photographic Arts – no information available
- San Diego Natural History Museum – you can find cubbies on level 1, at the back of the atrium; to deposit larger items, refer to the Admissions Desk for help
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in San Diego?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in San Diego, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
San Diego offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in San Diego.