Luggage Storage in +20 shops around Marseille
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Marseille as of 2021:
The oldest city in France and the second largest in the country, Marseille is a vibrant melting pot of cultures surrounded by amazing Calanques (creeks along the coast), where stunning architecture meets the aromas of Provence.
But no one pictures themselves on the French Riviera surrounded by a stack of suitcases. LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Marseille, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, prices, and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™.
Best rated in Marseille: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Marseille to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 20 shops all over Marseille which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
A quality bargain
- When using LuggageHero in Marseille, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download is needed.
Safety is our first priority:
It’s extremely important to us that you have peace of mind when you store your bags at any of our LuggageHero locations. This is why each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Marseille is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Marseille with no time limit
You don’t want to rush to pick up your bag before the location closes and you’re not a fan of leaving it behind overnight? We’ve got just what you’re looking for! LuggageHero has partnered up with several central locations in Marseille that are open until later in the evening, even 24 hours. Enjoy your chilled Chardonnay without the stress of having to rush and pick up your bag. À vôtre santé!
Holidays are better with friends and family
Traveling in a group? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Marseille!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Marseille
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Lockers and luggage storage options in Marseille:
Vieux Port area (Old Port of Marseille) – Bags Storage
Prices vary according to how many hours you use the service and the size of your bag. Prices for small luggage (like tote bags or cabin bags) start at €1/ hour and €13/day, while for large bags they start at €2,5/ hour and €13/day.
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 19:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 4 Rue de la Tour, 13001, Marseille. Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Marseille Provence Airport
You also have the option of stowing away your things at the Provence Airport, with a Safe-bag. In this case, each bag would cost €10/3 hours, or €15/day, every extra day adding another €15 to your bill.
- Opening hours: 5:00 – 19:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Terminal 1, Hall A, next to the information office
Luggage storage in Marseille Train Station
As in most train stations, you can also find lockers at St. Charles, where prices come at flat fees calculated for every 24 hours, according to luggage size. For small items, you’d pay €5,5/ day, an average suitcase comes in at €7,5/day, while for a large trolley you’d spend €9,5/ day. For every additional 24 hours, you pay another €5 per item.
- Opening hours: 8:15 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Square Narvik, 13232, on platform A. (open in Google Maps)
This is a comparison of all the companies in Marseille offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Marseille:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Marseille is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at Marseille top touristic attractions
With so many cultural and architectural gems, it’s easy to get overly enthusiastic and want to go sightseeing as soon as you land in Marseille. Don’t get carried away, though, as you might be left outside looking in if you’re not mindful of luggage policy.
No worries, we have you covered. Here are all the useful tips you need to know when traveling with your belongings.
- Basilica Notre Dame de la Garde: some tourists have complained about the security of bags here, so best to drop off your bags before
- Basilica Saint Victor: their website offers no information on restrictions and usually places of worship do not offer the option to store your belongings
- Cité Radieuse Le Corbusier: guards on-site warn that bags get stolen from cars in the parking lot, so best avoid leaving your valuables inside.
- MuCEM Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilisations: larger bags are left in the cloakroom downstairs, while purses go through several thorough security checks
- Marseille Cathedral – Cathédrale de la Major: all bags are checked upon entrance
- Longchamp Palace/ Fine Arts Museum/ Natural History Museum – Palais Longchamp/ Musée des Beaux Artes/ Muséum d’Histoire Naturelle: one palace two museums. Take care, as they don’t allow for large bags or water bottles inside.
You might be lucky to stay in a hotel willing to store your bags. This is a great option if you need a little more time to look around the area where your hotel is located. If you want to explore places away from your hotel, it’s possible that some hotels will let you store your bags for a fee even if you are not a guest. However, it’s not all hotels that offer this service to people who are not staying at the hotel, but it never hurts to ask!
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Marseille?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Marseille, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Marseille offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the French Riviera.