A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Miami as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Miami, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Miami straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Miami. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Miami: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Miami to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 20 shops all over Miami which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Miami, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only 5$/day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Miami is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Miami with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Miami!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Storing luggage in Miami during COVID19:
- Many shops and locations in Miami are open for storing luggage.
- Be responsible and make sure to sanitize before and after using any kind of luggage storage service or locker in Miami.
- Whenever possible, remember to use a face mask when dropping off your bags in luggage stores in Miami.
- When you store your luggage in local shops in Miami, you are helping support local businesses in these difficult times. Thank you!
Remember to be careful when storing your luggage in Miami! See the full guide here.
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Miami
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Miami.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Miami – We’ve listed them below:
Luggage Storage Miami
This service charges a flat fee of $6/item, regardless of its size.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 236 9th street Miami Beach FL 33139 Open in Google Maps
Prices vary according to bag size: $5 for handbags, small backpacks, laptop or shopping bags, $8 for carry-on bags or $10 for suitcases. Oversized luggage is charged $12.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 235 9th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139 Open in Google Maps
Ship to Shore Program
Big Bus Miami
Big Bus Miami offers a Ship to Shore Program which picks you up at your cruise terminal, luggage storage, full access to all their hop-on-hop-off bus loops and transfer to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale Airport.
It’s advised to contact the cruise line directly to make a reservation.
Note that the following cruise lines are currently participating in this program only: MSC Cruises, Disney Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Cruises.
Luggage storage in Miami Airports
Miami International Airport
The baggage deposit at Miami International Airport charges flat fees per 24 hour periods:
– $6 for bags under 18 inches/ 45 cm
– $9 for bags under 24 inches/ 60 cm
– $10 for bags under 32 inches/ 81 cm
– $14 for bags under 40 inches/ 101 cm
– $18 for bags up to 4 feet/ 121 cm
– $19 for bags up to 10 feet/ 304 cm
To use this service, you’ll have to present a valid photo ID and your travel ticket. Click here for the full list of prices and a map of the terminals.
- Opening hours: 5:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Central Terminal E, level 2
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
This service charges a $8 flat fee per item. You can either pay by cash on-site or by credit card online and you’ll need to present a valid ID and your plane ticket when you drop-off your suitcases. Bag pick-up must be done by 17:15.
- Opening hours:
Terminal 1 / 09:00 – 17:30 (Saturday & Sunday)
Terminal 2 / 09:00 – 17:30 (Monday – Sunday)
Terminal 3 / 09:00 – 17:30 (Saturday & Sunday)
Terminal 4 / 09:00 – 17:30 (Saturday & Sunday)
Terminal 1 – lower level/ baggage claim level, across from the bathrooms near baggage claim belt no. 1
Terminal 2 – upper level/ departures level, next to the Business Service Center, near the TSA checkpoint entrance
Terminal 3 – lower level/ baggage claim level, across the baggage claim belts no. 4 and 5
Terminal 4 – lower level/ baggage claim level, next to the Spirit Baggage Service Office
This is a comparison of all the companies in Miami offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Miami:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Miami is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Miami
With a countless sight to see, Miami has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Miami and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens luggage storage – you can drop your bags off at security, as long as they are not too bulky
- American Airlines Arena luggage storage – no backpacks or larger bags allowed; going without bags will make the security check much faster
- Miami Zoo luggage storage – no information available
- Miami Children’s Museum luggage storage – no lockers within the museum
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science luggage storage – no options available
- Perez Art Museums Miami luggage storage – checkroom onsite
- Rubell Family Art Collection luggage storage – service is offered to museum patrons only
- Wolfsonian FIU luggage storage – service is offered to museum patrons only
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MODA) luggage storage – no storage options mentioned
- History Miami luggage storage – no storage options available
- The Bass Contemporary Art Museum luggage storage – backpacks can be left at the front desk, but there are no lockers or a coatroom
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Miami?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Miami, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Miami offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Miami.
Frequently Asked Questions about Miami
Does Miami Beach have lockers?
Yes - you can find safety lock-boxes available from select kiosks along the beach. The lock-boxes can be securely locked to the back of a beach chair or remain locked at the rental kiosk, making it easy for you to store your belongings while enjoying the beach.
Can you store luggage at Miami International Airport?
You can leave your luggage at the Baggage Checkroom in Central Terminal E, open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Prices start from $8 depending on the size of your luggage. For a more flexible and cheaper price, we recommend you to find our certified shops near you and let us take care of your luggage.
When is the best time to visit Miami?
Hurricane season typically goes from June to November, so to keep it safe, it is recommended to visit Miami between November and May. Temperatures usually don’t go down 20ºC, making it the perfect weather.
When is Spring Break happening?
It depends on the school, but March and April are usually the busy months. Miami, Panama City Beach and Key West are the areas where most Spring Break activities are held.