A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Hanoi as of 2021:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Hanoi.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Hanoi – We’ve listed them below:
Hanoi Train Station
You can find self-service coin-operated lockers on the right-hand side of the Main Hall. The price is calculated per 4-hour periods, namely VDN 50,000 (€1.96 or $2.16) 5per time block.
The railway station staff also offers a left luggage service, but this is calculated per item and can be more costly.
- Opening hours: 24/7 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 120 Đường Lê Duẩn, Văn Miếu, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội Open in Google Maps
This company offers luggage storage options in several locations around the city. They charge VDN 30,000 (€1.18 or $1.29) for under 5 hours rental time, VDN 60,000 (€2.35 or $2.59) for less than 12 hours or VDN 80,000 (€3.13 or $3.45) for a whole day. Each additional hour after that is an extra VDN 10,000 (€0.39 or $0.43).
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 22:00 (from Monday to Sunday)
- Address: Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Hanoi International Airport
You can find self-service coin-operated lockers on the second level of Terminal 2 to stow away your belongings.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: level 2, Terminal 2
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Hanoi:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Hanoi is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is not impossible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Hanoi
With countless sights to see, Hanoi has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Hanoi and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Imperial Citadel of Thang Long – no storage options available
- Ho Chi Minh Museum – next to the body scanner you can find a counter where you can leave your bags
- Fine Art Museum – museum lockers are located next to the ticket desk
- Temple of Literature – no information available
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum – no storage options available
- Vietnamese Women’s Museum – you can find lockers on the ground floor
- Vietnam Museum of Ethnology – there are lockers where you can drop off your belongings
- Hoa Lo Prison Museum – the museum is equipped with self-service lockers
- Military History Museum – bags need to be checked at the ticket counter
- St. Joseph’s Cathedral – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage options available
- Vietnam National Museum of History – the museum is equipped with lockers
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Hanoi?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Hanoi, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Hanoi offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Hanoi.