A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Oslo as of 2022:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Oslo.
Best rated in Oslo: LuggageHero
Based on the chart below, LuggageHero is the best luggage storage option in Oslo. Use a local shop (hotels, coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Oslo to store your luggage for as low as 1$. Luggage storage in Oslo has never been so easy before!
The chart is created based on the most popular luggage storage options
- Flexible arrival
- Flexible arrival
- $0.95/hour or $7.95/day
- Up to $3000
- Flexible arrival
- $6 day & no hourly option
- Up to $1100
- Flexible arrival
- $5.95 day & no hourly option
- Up to $5000
- Flexible arrival
- Radical Storage
- $5 day & no hourly option
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Oslo.
Why LuggageHero is your best option :
LuggageHero offers storage options in Oslo which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Oslo, you only pay , or a day.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of on the first day and only afterward
- Book online and receive your directions, or simply download LuggageHero’s app
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Oslo is insured for up to per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Oslo with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Half the price of station lockers in Oslo and airport lockers
Luggage lockers, also called city lockers, are generally at least twice as expensive on a daily basis as LuggageHero’s luggage storage service. Until relatively recently, travelers could only stow their bags in these luggage lockers, which offer very little flexibility in regard to pricing and location. where to go and luggage deposit. Today, LuggageHero offers countless stores in various cities to ensure you always have the option of dropping off your luggage in a protected environment. Unlike luggage lockers in stations and airports, LuggageHero also offers both an hourly and daily rate for maximum flexibility. LuggageHero tries to offer safe and cheap luggage storage near you at all times.
Luggage storage facility for suitcase, baggage and odd-sized luggage
We check all our hotels and local shops in order for us to be able to offer space for whatever you need; ski equipment, photo equipment, backpacks or whatever. This is simply another method for us to give you the most flexible baggage storage, suitcase storage and luggage deposit.
Our service is similar to hotel luggage storage
Many travelers who have been customers at hotels have asked the staff at the reception if they could store their luggage until they depart the city later in the day. For the most part, we offer the same service for everyone – no matter if they stay at a hotel, Airbnb or anywhere else. We are always ready to help you out.
Stow your bags in verified stores with discount codes
We offer our loyal customers and new customers a discount code for two hours of FREE luggage storage. The discount code works the rest of 2022 in ALL cities and ALL stores – including Premium Partner stores!
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Oslo?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Oslo, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Oslo offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Oslo.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Oslo- We’ve listed them below:
Oslo Central Station
You can find different size lockers to store your belongings, with both cash and card payments accepted. Click here for a map of the station.
- Address: Jernbanetorget 1, 0154 Oslo Open in Google Maps
Oslo Bus Terminal
The bus terminal is located in the Galleri Oslo, which can be accessed through the Central Train Station. There are different sized lockers here, their prices starting from NOK 70 (€6.89) per 24 hour period. The maximum rental period is three days.
- Address: Schweigaards gate 15, 0185 Oslo Open in Google Maps
Port of Oslo (Oslo Havn)
You can find luggage storage options at the DFDS, Colorline, and Stena Line ferry terminals. The maximum rental period for either of them is 24 hours and prices vary according to company and locker size.
Luggage storage in Oslo Airport
Among the services available at the Oslo Airport, there is also a left luggage facility, where you can deposit your suitcases for NOK 90 (€ 8.86) per medium locker per day or NOK 100 (€9.84) per day for a large locker or special equipment. You can deposit your bags for a maximum of seven days. Both cash and card payments are accepted.
- Location: in the P10 parking garage, next to the terminal building
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Oslo:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Oslo is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Oslo
With countless sights to see, Oslo has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Oslo and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Akershus Fortress – no information available
- Fram Museum – you can find lockers to store your belongings
- Holmenkollen Ski Museum & Tower – no storage options available
- Royal Palace – there are self-service lockers onsite
- Museum of Science and Technology – you can find the coin-operated lockers on the main floor
- Norwegian Museum of Cultural History (Norsk Folkemuseum) – the museum is equipped with lockers
- Norwegian National Opera – there is an unstaffed cloakroom and a limited number of lockers available for guests
- Viking Ship Museum – the museum is equipped with lockers
- Vigeland Sculpture Park – no storage options available
- National Museum – temporarily closed
- National Gallery – temporarily closed
- Munch Museum – there are lockers available free of charge
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
What to keep in mind when picking a luggage storage solution
Sometimes it’s not so easy to figure out which luggage storage solution to pick. Here are a few things to keep in mind before making a decision:
- Location: the first criteria is also the most obvious one. Pick a service which is close to the place you want to visit, but also take into consideration how many other people might think the same way as you. In some cases, such as when visiting a very famous museum, leaving your belongings at their cloakroom might mean a lot of extra waiting time spent queuing or going through security. So it’s good to check a few options in the area where you’re in
- Price: a small price can seem like the perfect deciding factor. After all, you’re on holiday, there are better ways to spend your money. But before you get too excited, check if there are any extra fees, or if they charge you for being a bit late picking up your bags. This way you save yourself from any unexpected surprises.
- Opening hours: some places might be ideally located and charge a reasonable price, but might close quite early in the evening or take a two-hour lunch break, messing with your plans. A good storage solution means not stressing about pick-up and drop-off times
- Safety/ insurance: you don’t just want to leave your trolley behind, but also your worries. Check where they deposit your bags and if they offer insurance (if so, how much?) Other customers’ reviews always come in handy.
Det siger vores kunder om os
FAQ about luggage storage in Oslo
Here are some of the most often asked questions and answers on storing luggage in Oslo
How do I find luggage storage near me?
It is easy to find storage options in Oslo nearby if you search online for a luggage storage company. You can find sites where you can quickly locate a storage location in Oslo. This is easy to do because luggage storage companies have maps that show where their different storage locations are throughout the relevant city.
Can I store my luggage at Oslo Central Station
Luggage lockers are available in three different sizes to store baggage for up to 8 days. The cost of the small, medium and large locker is 90, 100, 100 respectively. The location of the storage is: P10, Parking garage next to the terminal building.