Luggage Storage Florence
Store your bags in a certified hotel or shop from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Florence as of 2021:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Florence, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, prices, and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™.
Best rated in Florence: LuggageHero
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Florence.
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Florence to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 30 shops all over Florence which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Florence, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download is needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Florence is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Florence with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Florence!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
- €1 per hour + a one-time handling fee of €2 – maximum €8 for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Florence
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Florence – We’ve listed them below:
Store My Luggage
Locker rental prices vary by the hour as follows:
– €1,90/ 1 hour
– €3,8/ 2 hours
– €5,7/ 3 hours
– €7,6/ 4 hours
– €9,5/ 5 hours
– €11,50/ 6 hours
– €12,90/ up to 24 hours
– €12,90/ each additional day
At this location, you can either pay by debit or credit card (with the exception of American Express cards). Cash payments are unfortunately not possible.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 15 Via del Castello d’Altafronte, 50122 Open in Google Maps
Stow Your Bags
Prices for this service also vary according to the rental period. For example, to stow your bags in a standard-size locker, you pay for one hour €1,99 or €12,99 for a whole day. To rent out a large locker, you pay €2,99 for one hour or €18,99/day (prices include a €0,50 service fee).
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Via dell’Anguillara 58, 50122 <https://goo.gl/maps/vN7VF9vr34HQYxve7″>Open in Google Maps
Left Luggage Florence
This company charges per item €1/hour or €6/day.
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Via de’Boni 5R, 50123 Open in Google Maps
These self-service lockers are located within the shopping center and prices vary per locker according to rental time as follows:
– €1,80/ 1 hour
– €3,60/ 2 hours
– €5,40/ hours
– €7,20/ 4 hours
– €9/ 5 hours
– €9,9/ day
Take notice of the fact that the shopping center itself closes at 19:00, but it can be accessed by entering the following code on the pin-pad: 8684E. At this location, you can either pay by cash, debit, or credit card (with the exception of American Express) or, if you book online, also with PayPal.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Via de’ Guicciardini 44/R, 50125 Open in Google Maps
This service charges a flat fee of €5 per item per day.
- Opening hours: 9:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Piazza di San Lorenzo 6, 50123 Open in Google Maps
Caratello Luggage Storage
Prices and further information on this service are available upon inquiry.
- Opening hours: 9:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Via dell’Agnolo 115/R, 50122 Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Florence offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Florence:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Florence is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Florence
With countless sights to see, Florence has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Florence and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo – Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore) – you can leave your belongings in their cloakroom
- Baptistery of St. John (Battistero di San Giovanni) – no information on storage options available
- Ufizzi Gallery (Gallerie Degli Uffizi) – you can find a cloakroom close to the gallery entrance
- Academy Gallery (Galleria dell’Accademia) – there are no storage options on-site
- Basilica of St Lawrence (Basilica di San Lorenzo) – no information on storage options available
- The Old Palace (Palazzo Vecchio – Palazzo Della Signoria) – there is a cloakroom at this location
- Santa Croce Cathedral (Basilica di Santa Croce) – as with many places of faith, there are no lockers on site
- Pitti Palace (Palazzo Pitti) – the palazzo has a cloakroom free of charge
- Bargello National Museum (Museo Nazionale del Bargello/ Palazzo Bargello) – across from the ticketing office, you can find a cloakroom you can use
- Giotto’s Bell Tower (Campanile di Giotto) – you can find a coat check in the museum building.
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Luggage storage in Santa Maria Novella Train Station
Deposito Bagagli a Mano
Located on the 1st floor, next to platform 16, you can find self-service lockers where to store your bags at the price of €3.80 for the first 3 hours, each additional hour up to 12 hours adding another €0.60/hour to your bill. After 13 hours, each extra hour is €0.20.
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 24:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Open in Google Maps
Leave the Luggage
Rates for this service differ according to locker size and rental period. Here are the prices for standard, respectively large lockers:
– 1 hour: €1.69 / €2.69
– 2 hours: €2.99 / €5.49
– 3 hours: €4.99 / €7.99
– 4 hours: €6.49 / €10.99
– 5 hours: €8.29 / €13.49
– 6 hours: €9.99 / €15.29
– 7 hours: €10.49 / €16.49
– 1 day: €11.99 / €17.99
At this location, you can pay by either Visa, Mastercard, or Maestro cards, or also via PayPal. Cash payments are not possible, however.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Via Palazzuolo 97, 50123 Open in Google Maps
Another option close to the train station is the Luggage Point service, which charges a flat rate of €5 per item per day. You can either pay by cash, debit, or credit card (with the exception of American Express) or, if you book online, also with PayPal.
- Opening hours: 09:30 – 13:00 and 15:30 – 18:25 (Monday – Friday); Closed (Saturday and Sunday)
- Address: Via Della Scala 13/R, 50123 Open in Google Maps
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Florence?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Florence, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Florence offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Florence.