Here is the guide for how to store your luggage at hotels (even when you aren’t a guest) in 2020.
Imagine this: You land with your morning flight at 8am in London, but your hotel or AirBnb does not allow for you to check in before 3pm. What do you do with all that luggage? The best option would be to find a place to store it so that you can enjoy your day luggage free and explore the city on your own terms.
In many cases luggage can be left at a hotel before check-in or after check-out, but sometimes that option is not available or happens to be very expensive. In those cases, your best option would be to turn to a luggage storage service like LuggageHero.
We did some research on leaving luggage at hotels and are glad to present to you our findings right here. Here is what we found:
1. Look for hotels that are partners with a luggage storage company.
The luggage struggle of a non-guest at a hotel is real– unless it doesn’t matter if you’re not a guest! We know hotels are great for luggage storage but it is even better if you try to find those that are doing it in a secure way. Being partners with a luggage storage company often means that your luggage is insured rather than at your own risk.
If you happen to choose a hotel that is a partner with LuggageHero you should know that they make for some of our best LuggageHeroes.
Why hotels and hostels are great LuggageHeroes
- Great opening hours! Most 24/7.
- Friendly staff that can help guide you if you’re new in the city
- A lot of luggage storage capacity!
- Food, drinks and restrooms are available at most places.
2. You don’t have to be a guest to store your luggage at a hotel.
If you are willing to give a tip, it is quite possible that hotels will not only agree to store your luggage but also be glad to do it. However, in that case you have no insurance or a guarantee for what happens to your luggage so always keep that in mind when you choose this option. Even if you trust the person to keep your luggage safe remember that they will not be constantly monitoring it as they are at work.
3. Consider your AirBnb as an option.
While most AirBnbs do have an after 2pm check-in policy, early luggage drop-off might be available at the location. Always make sure to inquire into that with your host as you can save a lot of money through that option. On top of that, if there is no guest after you, you might be able to leave your luggage after check-out as well.
4. Leaving luggage at your hotel might be risky.
While there are many hotels that will safely store your luggage, having no insurance and security might be a bad idea in certain cases. Considering other options, is therefore always a good idea.
5. These days travelers have alternatives to hotel luggage storage.
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 120 shops all over London which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Perks: easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero, for example, in London, you only pay £1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of £2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than £8/ day (handling fee included).
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to £2200 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of £8/bag on the first day and only £5/ a day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave only your bags behind, but also your worries. Remember next time you need to leave luggage in London – each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations is insured for up to £2200 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
How it works
Freeing yourself from luggage in 3 steps.
Step 1: Book online and receive Step 2: Drop off the luggage Step 3: Enjoy your time directions towards your location. at a LuggageHero stop. without the weight of your
We further have some suggestions on what to do until check in:
- Use the hotel spa.
- Access the hotel business center.
- Locate the guest lounge or lobby and relax reading a book.
- Exchange currency so you’re ready to shop as soon as you check-in.
- Go to the park and enjoy the nature nearby.
- Check out the cafes nearby and grab a cup of coffee.
- Talk to the hotel staff and learn about the place.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hotel Luggage Storage
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Hotel Luggage Storage.
Do hotels usually offer luggage storage?
Most hotels do usually offer some sort of luggage storage, if you can't find the information online, a call to the reception will most likely give you all the information you need.
Where do hotels usually store luggage?
Hotels usually have a dedicated room with limited access, possibly kept locked, possibly dispensing luggage tags.
Is it safe to leave bags at a hotel?
That's a personal decision based on your own comfort level as it varies from hotel to hotel and some are safer than others.