Luggage Storage in +25 shops around Philadelphia
Store your luggage from $1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Philadelphia as of 2021:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
Best rated in Philadelphia: LuggageHero
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Philadelphia, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags. Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Philadelphia to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Philadelphia.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 25 shops all over Philadelphia which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Philadelphia, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only 5$/day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions OR download the app.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Philadelphia is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Philadelphia with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Philadelphia!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Philadelphia
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Philadelphia- We’ve listed them below:
Philadelphia 30th Street Station
Travelers with a valid Amtrak ticket can leave their items at the station for $10/ item for a 24-hour period. Those of you who are not Amtrak customers can still use the service at the price of $20/item/day. Be sure to have a valid photo ID on you. Look for the Amtrak “Red Cap” employees, who will gladly assist you with stowing your bags.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 2955 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 Open in Google Maps
Philadelphia Bus Station
Close to the City Hall, you can find the bus station where you can leave your bags for up to 24 hours with Greyhound. Prices vary per location, so be sure to ask a customer service agent their rates for this specific station.
- Opening hours: 12:00 – 23:59 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 1001 Filbert St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Philadelphia Airport
Unfortunately, the Philadelphia International Airport does not offer a left luggage service, due to stricter security measures put into place in recent years.
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Philadelphia:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Philadelphia is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings,, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Philadelphia
With countless sights to see, Philadelphia has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Philadelphia and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Eastern State Penitentiary – they have no bag check, but you can take your backpacks with you inside
- Philadelphia Museum of Art – the museum provides a coat check on the ground floor
- Independence Hall – no storage options available; you can find a map of the premises here
- The Liberty Bell Center – there is no possibility to stow your belongings onsite
- The Barnes Foundation – you can find the coat check on the lower level, which can be used free of charge
- Museum of the American Revolution – the museums provide a coat-check. You pay $3 for one bag, $4 for one large suitcase of two smaller items, or $5 for an extra-large trolley or 3 small bags
- One Liberty Observation Deck – there is no information available related to storage options; you will have to go through a standard security check
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts Museum – the museum has storage space for visitors
- Philadelphia Zoo – no luggage stowing options available
- Rodin Museum – small bags can be taken into the museum, while larger ones can be left at the museum’s coat check
- The Franklin Institute – no information available
- Citizens Bank Park – you are allowed to bring one handbag
- Please Touch Museum – coat check is accessible on the ground level
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Philadelphia?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Philadelphia, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Philadelphia offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Philadelphia.
For further information about luggage storage, visit KnockKnock to read about their guide to the best luggage storage options in Philadelphia. Click here for more.