A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Oslo as of 2021:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Oslo.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Oslo- We’ve listed them below:
Oslo Central Station
You can find different size lockers to store your belongings, with both cash and card payments accepted. Click here for a map of the station.
- Address: Jernbanetorget 1, 0154 Oslo Open in Google Maps
Oslo Bus Terminal
The bus terminal is located in the Galleri Oslo, which can be accessed through the Central Train Station. There are different sized lockers here, their prices starting from NOK 70 (€6.89) per 24 hour period. The maximum rental period is three days.
- Address: Schweigaards gate 15, 0185 Oslo Open in Google Maps
Port of Oslo (Oslo Havn)
You can find luggage storage options at the DFDS, Colorline, and Stena Line ferry terminals. The maximum rental period for either of them is 24 hours and prices vary according to company and locker size.
Luggage storage in Oslo Airport
Among the services available at the Oslo Airport, there is also a left luggage facility, where you can deposit your suitcases for NOK 90 (€ 8.86) per medium locker per day or NOK 100 (€9.84) per day for a large locker or special equipment. You can deposit your bags for a maximum of seven days. Both cash and card payments are accepted.
- Location: in the P10 parking garage, next to the terminal building
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Oslo:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Oslo is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Oslo
With countless sights to see, Oslo has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Oslo and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Akershus Fortress – no information available
- Fram Museum – you can find lockers to store your belongings
- Holmenkollen Ski Museum & Tower – no storage options available
- Royal Palace – there are self-service lockers onsite
- Museum of Science and Technology – you can find the coin-operated lockers on the main floor
- Norwegian Museum of Cultural History (Norsk Folkemuseum) – the museum is equipped with lockers
- Norwegian National Opera – there is an unstaffed cloakroom and a limited number of lockers available for guests
- Viking Ship Museum – the museum is equipped with lockers
- Vigeland Sculpture Park – no storage options available
- National Museum – temporarily closed
- National Gallery – temporarily closed
- Munch Museum – there are lockers available free of charge
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Oslo?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Oslo, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Oslo offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Oslo.
What to keep in mind when picking a luggage storage solution
Sometimes it’s not so easy to figure out which luggage storage solution to pick. Here are a few things to keep in mind before making a decision:
- Location: the first criteria is also the most obvious one. Pick a service which is close to the place you want to visit, but also take into consideration how many other people might think the same way as you. In some cases, such as when visiting a very famous museum, leaving your belongings at their cloakroom might mean a lot of extra waiting time spent queuing or going through security. So it’s good to check a few options in the area where you’re in
- Price: a small price can seem like the perfect deciding factor. After all, you’re on holiday, there are better ways to spend your money. But before you get too excited, check if there are any extra fees, or if they charge you for being a bit late picking up your bags. This way you save yourself from any unexpected surprises.
- Opening hours: some places might be ideally located and charge a reasonable price, but might close quite early in the evening or take a two-hour lunch break, messing with your plans. A good storage solution means not stressing about pick-up and drop-off times
- Safety/ insurance: you don’t just want to leave your trolley behind, but also your worries. Check where they deposit your bags and if they offer insurance (if so, how much?) Other customers’ reviews always come in handy.
Meer dan 55.000 reizigers hebben LuggageHero beoordeeld
FAQ about luggage storage in Oslo
Here are some of the most often asked questions and answers on storing luggage in Oslo
How do I find luggage storage near me?
It is easy to find storage options in Oslo nearby if you search online for a luggage storage company. You can find sites where you can quickly locate a storage location in Oslo. This is easy to do because luggage storage companies have maps that show where their different storage locations are throughout the relevant city.
Can I store my luggage at Oslo Central Station
Luggage lockers are available in three different sizes to store baggage for up to 8 days. The cost of the small, medium and large locker is 90, 100, 100 respectively. The location of the storage is: P10, Parking garage next to the terminal building.