Luggage Storage in +30 locations around Hamburg
Store your bags in a certified local shop from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Hamburg as of 2021:
So you’ve come up with the perfect plan: you’ll see all the unmissable sights, have a walk around the warehouse district of Speicherstadt, head to the fish market for fresh seafood and then top it all off with a visit to the Chocoversum shop. Depending on when you’re visiting, maybe you even get to have your world spun upside-down at the Hamburg Dom festival (one of the most over-the-top fun fairs you can experience).
But there is just one little thing. Actually not little, it’s quite big and you need to carry it around with you everywhere. What to do when all you want is to discover Hamburg, but you’re dragging around a trolley full of clothes with you?
LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Hamburg, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, prices, and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™.
Best rated in Hamburg: LuggageHero
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Hamburg.
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Hamburg to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 50 shops all over Hamburg which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Hamburg, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download is needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Hamburg is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Hamburg with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Hamburg!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Hamburg
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in Hamburg:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage in Hamburg is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Hamburg
With more than 50 museums and something unusual to experience at every corner, this North German City has a very active and diverse cultural life. It might be more difficult to enjoy it, though, if you find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley. We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Hamburg and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Miniatur Wunderland – smaller items can be stowed in the lockers provided, while larger ones need to be taken to the cloakroom for €0.5
- Hamburg Kunsthalle – you can leave their luggage in the cloakroom but are allowed with a small handbag inside
- Elbe Philharmonic Hall (Elbphilharmonie)– security checks all bags at the entrance and items larger than a purse, baby carriages, wheeled walkers, walking-stick umbrellas, backpacks and suitcases have to be left at the cloakroom, for a fee of €1.5
- Panik City – there is no possibility to leave your bags on location
- Museum of Art and Industry (Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg) – There is a cloakroom in the foyer and lockers in the basement. You can also get a carrier bag for your valuables free of charge.
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Luggage storage in Hamburg Airport – Flughafen Hamburg
A peculiarity of the Hamburg Airport is that their prices for left luggage vary according to the weight of your bags. A bag under 5kg (11 lbs.) costs €3 for 3 hours, or €4 for a whole day (each additional 24 hours costing another €4). The costs range from €4 to €25, the exact prices you can find here.
Additionally, there is a €3 one-time processing fee for every item stowed away. Final note: you cannot store money or valuables such as jewelry when using this service.
- Opening hours: 04:30 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Terminal 2, Level 1
Luggage storage in Hauptbahnhof – Hamburg Central Station
Option 1 – inside the station
The lockers are located in the Eastern Hall, as you enter from Kirchenallee (Osthalle, Eingang Kirchenallee) During the very touristic season, you might have a hard time finding available lockers. Also, be careful, as you can only pay in cash at this location. Having a difficult team figuring out which way is east?
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Hachmannplatz 16, 20099 Open in Google Maps
Option 2 – Wandelhalle (shopping area of the station)
The left luggage service is operated by DB Deutsche Bahn and can be found next to the Travel Centre.
- Opening hours: 8:00 -20:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Glockengießerwall 8, 20095 Open in Google Maps
Book your own LuggageHero now:
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Hamburg, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Hamburg offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the city.