How and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Amsterdam 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Amsterdam, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Amsterdam straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Amsterdam. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Amsterdam: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Amsterdam to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 40 shops all over Amsterdam which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Amsterdam, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Amsterdam is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Amsterdam with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Amsterdam!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Amsterdam
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Amsterdam.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Amsterdam – We’ve listed them below:
Dam Square – Amsterdam Luggage Storage
This baggage deposit service charges a flat fee of €6 per day, regardless of bag size.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Spuistraat 110, 1012 VA Open in Google Maps
Herengracht – The Vault
If you’re close to the city center, you can find this left luggage service where you can stow your small bags for €4/day, medium items for €7/day or large suitcases for €10/ day.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 19:00 (Monday – Friday)
- Address: Herengracht 420, 1017 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage Amsterdam Airport – Schiphol
Is there luggage storage in Amsterdam airport?
The Schiphol Airport has six different luggage storage points, both before and after the security check. They charge €2.5 to use their wardrobe, €6/item/day for small baggage, €9/item/day for larger items or €12 for odd-size items (such as sports equipment).
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Saturday) and 08:00 – 18:00 (Sunday)
- Location: level -1, between Arrivals 1 and Arrivals 2
Luggage storage in Amsterdam Centraal Train Station
There are self-service lockers you can use, the small ones costing €7 for the first 24 hours and the large one €10/ 24 hours. In case of any troubles figuring lockers out, there is always a service person around that can help you.
The opening hours for luggage storage in Amsterdam Centraal Train Station are:
05:00 – 01:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: right side of the building, as you look from the city centre Open in Google Maps
Lock Luggage Storage
Lock Luggage Storage is 5 minutes away from the train station. They charge €5 for small items, €8 for checked-in suitcase or €10 for larger trolleys. You can pay with both cash and card.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 28, 1012 NH Open in Google Maps
Drop & Go
Another left luggage option is Drop & Go, found 1 minute walk away from the station. Their prices also vary according to luggage size as follows: €4 for small pieces (such as handbags, shopping or laptop bags), €7 for hand luggage, €10 for large items or €15 for suitcases larger than 70cm.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Prins Hendrikkade 86, 1012 NH Open in Google Maps
To deposit your shopping bags, you pay €4. The price for small bags or trolleys is €5, while large suitcases cost €7.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 19:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 21 HS, 1012 NG Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Amsterdam offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Amsterdam:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Amsterdam is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Amsterdam
With countless sight to see, Amsterdam has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Amsterdam and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- The Rijksmuseum – travel luggage cannot be stored at the museum, but they do have a cloakroom for smaller items
- The Anne Frank Museum – there is a cloakroom on site for small bags and coats
- The Van Gogh Museum – the museum has a cloakroom where you can leave small bags and backpacks, but it cannot accommodate larger items
- The Royal Palace – the palace has a cloakroom where you can leave your belongings
- NEMO Science Museum – the museum is equipped with lockers
- Heineken Experience – you can check-in your bags and coats at the entrance
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Amsterdam?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Amsterdam, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Amsterdam offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Amsterdam.
Experience Amsterdam with Stromma
We cannot write a complete guide without assisting you with one last advice about how to get the most out of your time in Amsterdam. Stromma has basically gathered all the information a traveler needs for the perfect experience. We would advise everyone to check out all the interesting sightseeing, tours, dining cruises etc that Stromma offers.