Luggage Storage in +20 locations around San Francisco
Store your luggage in a local shop from $1/hour
How and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in San Francisco 2021:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around San Francisco, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Best rated in San Francisco: LuggageHero
Based on the chart below, LuggageHero is the best luggage storage option in San Francisco. LuggageHero offers luggage storage in local shops (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) for as low as $1 with the possibility of insurance. Luggage storage in San Francisco has never been so easy!
Luggage storage chart
The chart is created based on the most popular luggage storage options in San Francisco
Use our map to find the nearest certified shops
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around San Francisco.
Why LuggageHero is your best option :
LuggageHero offers storage options in over 20 shops all over San Francisco which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in San Francisco, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only $5/ day afterward
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking
- Book online and receive your directions, or simply download LuggageHero’s app
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in San Francisco is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy San Francisco with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in San Francisco?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place, or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in San Francisco, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
San Francisco offers a range of possibilities when it comes to luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Here is a chart with the most commonly used luggage storage providers in San Francisco:
Luggage storage options in San Francisco
We’ve listed them below:
1. Luggage storage in San Francisco Airports
The cost of storing your belongings here varies according to the size of the bags and rental time. A laptop case or a briefcase under 16 inches (40 cm) will cost you $7 for one hour or $15 for a whole day, a small briefcase costs $8 per hour or $20 – $25 per day, while a bag under 28 inches (71 cm) will be $9/ hour or $30/ day. Suitcases larger than that are $10 for one hour or $35/ day, while sports equipment or dog kennels are $35 per day. You also have the option of storing your bicycle at the airport, at the cost of $40 per day
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: International Departures, departures/ ticketing level, near the entrance to gates G91 – G102
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in San Francisco
With countless sights to see, San Francisco has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in San Francisco and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Alcatraz Island luggage storage – large bags are not allowed and there are no storage options onsite, so be sure to stow those away before your visit; however, it’s good to have a small backpack with food and water as there is not dining option on the island
- Walt Disney Family Museum luggage storage – there is a coat check option on the lower level
- California Palace of the Legion of Honor luggage storage – average-sized backpack can be taken inside, but larger items need to be deposited beforehand, as they cannot be left at the museum coat-check
- Palace of Fine Arts Theatre luggage storage – no information available
- California Academy of Sciences luggage storage – there is a coat check at the entrance, on the left-hand side as you’re going in
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art luggage storage – you can only check bags smaller than 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22 x 35 x 56 cm)
- Young Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco luggage storage – standard-sized backpacks are allowed, anything larger than that needs to be deposited before the museum visit
- Asian Art Museum luggage storage – on the first floor you can find their coat-check facilities, which can be used free of charge
- Exploratorium luggage storage – you can find self-service lockers near the Information Desk.
- Oracle Park luggage storage – bags smaller than 16 x16 x 8 inches (40 x 40 x 20 cm) can be taken inside. No storage option for items larger than the before-mentioned dimensions
Great Tip for how to get yourself luggage storage in San Francisco
- TIP: The demand for luggage storage in San Francisco is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings, but it is not impossible
- Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it
- Leaving luggage at hotels: Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located
All these companies can offer you bag storage in San Francisco – We’ve listed them below:
At this location, you have the option to either store your bags in their storage spaces or in their self-service lockers. Bags lighter than 5 kg cost $5 per day, those lighter than 23 kg cost $10 per day, while a large suitcase (under 45kg) comes in at $20 per day.
The price of keeping your belongings in a cabinet is $10/day, but be aware of the fact that this locker will hold other people’s property as well. If you’d rather have your very own locker, you can rent one at the price of $20 per day.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 922 Folsom St no. 155, San Francisco, CA 94107 Open in Google Maps
The cost is $5 for small bags or $10 for any other size of a backpack, suitcase, or trolley. There are no lockers available on the property.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 20:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133 Open in Google Maps
What more can LuggageHero offer?
- Online customer service 24/7.
- Great prices and a user-friendly platform.
- No correct currency is needed. All major credit cards are accepted.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online or through the app, and receive your directions.
The 4 simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in San Francisco!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
- $1 per hour + a one-time handling fee of $2 – maximum $8 for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Download our free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download our LuggageHero bag storage app where you can see all our locations around San Francisco.
LuggageHero is waiting for you
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in San Francisco.
For more info about luggage storage in San Francisco, read the following guide made by KnockKnock. Click here for more luggage storage information
Ponad 55 000 podróżników podzieliło się opiniami o LuggageHero
FAQ about luggage storage in San Francisco
Here are some of the most often asked questions and answers on storing luggage in San Francisco.
Does San Francisco International Airport have storage lockers?
Baggage storage is available at the Airport Travel Agency, which is located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102. It is open everyday from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Where can you leave luggage in San Francisco?
There are many storage lockers in San francisco. Most train and bus stations provide facilities to store luggage. Also, nowadays there are numerous luggage storage companies that provide storage lockers all over San Francisco. It is therefore easy to find luggage storage nearby if you have access to the internet.
Is LuggageHero safe to use?
LuggageHero is very safe to use as each time you store your luggage, you have insurance for your belongings.