Luggage Storage NYC
Choose from 130 locations in NYC - Manhattan and Brooklyn from $1/hour
How and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in NYC, Manhattan, and Brooklyn 2021
We have gathered the best insider tips and tricks for you that want the easiest way to get around this as of 2021. So when you have read this guide, then you will never stand in the middle of New York and search for: “luggage storage near me”!
This Guide Includes All Major companies offering luggage storage in NYC including discount vouchers. That way you can easily find where to store luggage NYC. See below
Here you can find different alternatives to storing your luggage while you enjoy yourself. In New York, most airports and train stations, unlike in some big cities, don’t offer to store luggage due to safety precautions. Don’t worry – there are other alternatives.
Luggage storage NYC
You can find luggage storage in NYC in various different luggage storage facilities. LuggageHero has a network of over 130 locations all around New York City. Usually you can leave your luggage in many different coffee shops, restaurants, bike shops, souvenir shops, hotels and other. Those include Grand Central Terminal, Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station, and Times Square. Due to the high number of locations for luggage storage in NYC, you can always find a place to store your luggage.
A lot of the locations work 24/7 so finding space for your baggage at any time should not be a problem. Finding luggage storage is particularly useful when you are waiting for a flight, need to check into your AirBnb later or had to check out too early. In any case, you shouldn’t have to be dragged down by your luggage. When you leave your luggage at the luggage storage facility, you are able to enjoy the city hands-free and explore all attractions such as The Statue of Liberty, The MoMA, The Brooklyn Bridge and a lot more.
You can begin your search on finding luggage storage in NYC by reading this article. Your order option is to try a luggage storage guide such as this one. Simply checking out Google or Google Maps by typing luggage storage in NYC should also give you a lot of options on finding luggage storage around the city.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in NYC straight to your phone. How to find luggage storage near me.
Press the icons to see details about each location, insurance, and price. This map includes all locations to store luggage in NYC. However, the map does not include luggage lockers New York City as there aren’t any. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in NYC: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in New York City to store your luggage for as low as
Also, LuggageHero NYC uses only certified shops and provides insurance and security seal at over 140 different Luggage Storage Locations in New York City. Storing luggage in New York is now highly available and diverse.
Luggage storage NYC with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers a place to store luggage in over 140 shops all over NYC and you are able to store your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
This is the best offer for places for storing luggage in NYC:
/hour per bag + a one time handling fee per bag! Nevermore than a day per bag.
- $3000 insurance per items stored
- Security Seal for your luggage is provided in the shop
- Certified shops approved by LuggageHero
- Always a certified shop nearby with around 140 shops in N.Y
- Online customer service 24/7
- Great prices and a user-friendly platform
- No correct currency needed. All major credit cards accepted
Why are you searching for a luggage storage service in NYC?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight? In that case luggage drop off in NYC is something that you have probably been thinking about.
Or… You just arrived in NYC, ready to find the iconic trademarks you know from TV, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travellers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
NYC offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage service and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the Big Apple.
If you didn’t find what you were searching for this is a great guide to:
Luggage storage options in New York City.
We’ve listed them below:
1. Luggage storage in New York Airports
- John F. Kennedy International Airport: It is not possible to store luggage at JFK Airport. Please read the FAQ on which refers to the local Airline for help.
- LaGuardia Airport: It is not possible to store luggage at JFK Airport. Please read the FAQ on which refers to the local Airline for help.
- Newark Airport: There are reports of it being possible (Tripadvisor) that it’s possible to use a luggage storage facility in Newark Airport. Please ask at the information desk as no official findings can be tracked online.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries
If you’re going to store luggage for more than just a few hours it’s sometimes cheaper to use self-storage facilities at museums and galleries. But please be aware of last-minute changes as NYC high-alert can make these things change fast.
Below we’ve gathered a collection of museums and galleries in New York that might keep your small back bag but not larger luggage. Please make sure to call ahead if you want to be 100% sure.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA)
- Museum of Modern Art (11 W 53rd St, New York)
- American Museum of Natural History (Central Park West & 79th St)
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum (1071 5th Ave, New York)
- New-York Historical Society Museum & Library (170 Central Park West, New York)
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in NYC:
- TIP: The demand for luggage storage New York is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
- Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
- Leaving luggage at hotels: Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
LuggageHero also offers luggage storage at hotels. Read more here.
How to safely store luggage during COVID-19
Remember to comply with the current COVID-19 guidelines and to make sure that you are being careful when storing your luggage. Even though it is generally safe to store luggage during the pandemic, you still need to be careful and help avoid the spread of the virus as much as possible.
How to stay safe at the storage drop-off location
Keep a safe distance from others.
Wear a mask while completing the drop-off of your luggage.
Cough and sneeze into your sleeve and not in your palm.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, then you should cancel your booking and get tested immediately, after which go into isolation until you know if it is safe for you to be around others.
Sanitize your hands after dropping off the luggage and exiting the store.
Why LuggageHero is your best option :
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in New York, we always keep your budget in mind.
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance for each left luggage in NYC.
- There are no other hidden fees.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed. But if you prefer a luggage storage app, we have that too!
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in New York is insured so you don’t have to worry about a single thing and just enjoy your trip.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy New York with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Need to a place to relax in for only a day? You have the opportunity to save up, up to 75% by using HotelsHero and booking a room or a whole apartment just for a day. Relax in the room, get some work done, or use the amenities that the hotel has to offer. Perfect even if you just need to take a nap before a long flight.
✔️ A place to work
✔️ Great Restaurants
✔️ Hotel Amenities
✔️ Rest during layover
✔️ Perfect for when traveling with family.
All these companies can offer you bag storage NYC – We’ve listed them below:
It has two locations where you are able to store your luggage. It’s located on Times Square and Lower East Side
The price is $10 daily per bag and if you are not able to pick up your bag.
Insurance – unknown.
These are the locations:
Schwartz luggage and storage
It has two locations in the heart of Manhattan. You can leave your luggage for hours for $2.5/hour
Insurance: Extra Cost.
Short Term Show
You are able to store your luggage at their location 270 W 36th St, between 7th and 8th Ave. Prices range from $5 – $10 for short-term storing and $2.5 – $5 dollars for long-term storing. Aside from storing, there is free WIFI and it possible to use a printer at a cost of $1.
It is located close to Times Square, 357 W 36th St, 2nd Floor. Drop off your baggage and pay $7 – $10 a day depending on the size of your luggage.
CBH Luggage Storage
It offers a range of services including left baggage storage and it is located 43 West 46th Street, between 5th & 6th Avenue.
You are able to store your luggage here for days or just a couple of hours depending on your needs. The prices range from $8 – $10 days depending on the size of your luggage and $2.5 per hour.
Insurance: Yes, unknown coverage.
The model comparing all the companies in NYC offering luggage storage:
What more can LuggageHero offer?
- Online customer service 24/7.
- Great prices and a user-friendly platform.
- No correct currency needed. All major credit cards accepted.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
The 4 simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero in NYC
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space.
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop and dropping off your luggage or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in New York!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum /first 24 hours and for additional days day including free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in New York whether you’re at Grant Central Station, Port Authority, Penn Station and many other locations.
Download LuggageHero’s free storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download our LuggageHero bag storage app where you can see all the locations for the best luggage storage NYC.
Reminder: Due to the current COVID19 pandemic, it is important that you use extra caution when dropping off and picking up your bags in NYC.
LuggageHero is waiting for you
More information about luggage storage in NYC
You might be interested in more information about where to store your luggage in NYC in greater details? If yes, then check out the following New York guide Luggage-storage.nyc. At the mentioned website, you can check out different stations, attractions etc. for information about what to do with your bags when visiting the Big Apple.
FAQ about luggage storage in New York City
Here are some of the most often asked questions and answers on storing luggage NYC.
Are there storage lockers in New York
Yes, there are many storage lockers in New York. Most train stations and airports provide facilities to store luggage. Also, nowadays there are numerous luggage storage companies that provide storage lockers all over New York. It is therefore easy to find luggage storage nearby if you have access to the internet.
How do I find luggage storage near me?
It is easy to find storage lockers NYC nearby if you search online for a luggage storage company. You can find sites where you can quickly locate a storage locker NYC. This is easy to do because luggage storage companies have maps that show where their different storage locations are throughout the relevant city.
What is the price to store luggage in New York?
Most luggage services in and around New York charge their customers for an entire day. However, some newer luggage storage services provide customers with another pricing system, where they instead charge for each hour.
Is there luggage storage in the Port Authority Bus Terminal?
There are several opportunities to store luggage in and around the Port Authority Bus Terminal. But the Port Authority Bus Terminal does not offer facilities to store luggage. However, luggage storage companies offer many locations near the station where customers can store their luggage and pay on an hourly basis, which you cannot do at the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
Are there any storage lockers at Penn Station?
There are several opportunities to store luggage near Penn Station. Several luggage storage companies provide many locations near Penn Station where customers can drop off their luggage and pay hourly for safe luggage storage.
Do all luggage storage companies in New York provide insurance?
Most of the luggage storage companies do provide some sort of insurance but always remember to check before booking.
Is LuggageHero safe to use?
LuggageHero is very safe to use as each time you store your luggage, you have insurance for up to 3000$ on your belongings.