Luggage Storage NYC
Pay a low hourly rate
Guide: Luggage Storage in NYC
Guide to Luggage Storage in NYC: Look here if you are looking for lockers and places to leave your luggage around NYC, Manhattan or Brooklyn:
…But we have gathered the best insider tip for you that want the easiest way to get around this.
This Guide Includes All Major companies offering luggage storage in NYC including discount vouchers. See below
Here you can find different alternatives to storing your luggage while you enjoy yourself. In New York, most airports and train stations, unlike in some big cities, don’t offer to store luggage due to safety precautions. Don’t worry – there are other alternatives!!
Download this map for free to compare all the services available in NYC straight to your smartphone
Press the icons to see details about each location, insurance, and price. This map includes all locations to store luggage in NYC. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Luggage storage in NYC with LuggageHero #1 Choice as seen in Lonely Planet:
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in New York City to store your luggage for as low as .
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage of your luggage in over 140 shops all over NYC and you are able to store your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
This is the best offer for luggage storage in NYC:
- /hour per bag + a one time handling fee per bag! Never more than for the first 24 hours and for additional days.
- $3000 insurance per items stored
- Security Seal for your luggage is provided in the shop
- Certified shops approved by LuggageHero
- Always a certified shop nearby with around 140 shops in N.Y
- Online customer service 24/7
- Great prices and a user-friendly platform
- No correct currency needed. All major credit cards accepted
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in New York!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
- per hour + a one time handling fee of – maximum /first 24 hours and for addiontal days day including free luggage storage insurance
👉 Discount Vouchers? Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in New York
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you luggage storage in NYC – We’ve listed them below:
CityCoPilot has two locations where you are able to store your luggage. It’s located on Times Square and Lower East Side
The price is $10 daily per bag and if you are not able to pick up your bag.
Insurance – unknown.
These are the locations:
Schwartz luggage and storage has two locations in the heart of Manhattan. You can leave your luggage for hours for $2.5/hour
Insurance: Extra Cost.
At Short Term Show are you able to store your luggage at their location 270 W 36th St, between 7th and 8th Ave. The prices range from $5 – $10 for short term storing and $2.5 – $5 dollars for long term storing. Aside from storing, there is free WIFI and it possible to use a printer at a cost of $1.
LuggageKeeper is located close to Times Square, 357 W 36th St, 2nd Floor. On this location you can drop off your baggage and pay $7 – $10 a day depending on the size of your luggage.
CBH Luggage Storage offers a range of services including luggage storage and it is located 43 West 46th Street, between 5th & 6th Avenue .
You are able to storage your luggage here for days or just a couple of hours depending on your needs. The prices range from $8 – $10 days depending on the size of your luggage and $2.5 per hour.
Insurance: Yes, unknown coverage.
Click here to see this model comparing all the companies in NYC offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in NYC:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage NYC is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
LuggageHero also offers luggage storage at hotels. Read more here.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries
If you’re going to store luggage for more than just a few hours it’s sometimes cheaper to use self-storage facilities at museums and galleries. But please be aware of last minute changes as NYC high-alert can make these things change fast.
Below we’ve gathered a collection of museums and galleries in London that might keep your small back bag but not larger luggage. Please make sure to call ahead if you want to be 100% sure.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA)
- Museum of Modern Art (11 W 53rd St, New York)
- American Museum of Natural History (Central Park West & 79th St)
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum (1071 5th Ave, New York)
- New-York Historical Society Museum & Library (170 Central Park West, New York)
Airports offering luggage storage in NYC:
- Newark Airport: There are reports of it being possible (Tripadvisor) that its possible to use a luggage storage facility in Newark Airport. Please ask at the information desk as no official findings can be tracked online.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in NYC?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in NYC, ready to find the iconic trademarks you know from TV, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
NYC offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying The Big Apple.
If you didn’t find what you were searching for this is a great guide to: