A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Austin as of 2021:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. Conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Best rated in Austin: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Austin to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage options all over Austin which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Austin, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only 5$/day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Austin is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Austin with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Austin!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Austin
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Austin.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Austin- We’ve listed them below:
Austin Visitor Center
Depending on the space available, you can stow your luggage at the Austin Visitor Center for the price of $8 per item per day. Certain restrictions and limitations apply.
- Opening hours:
09:00 – 17:00 (Monday – Saturday)
10:00 – 17:00 (Sunday)
- Address: 602 E 4th St Open in Google Maps
You can store your bags at this station for up to 24 hours. Ask the Greyhound service agents for pricing details and luggage limitations.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 916 E Koenig Ln Open in Google Maps
If you have a valid Amtrak train ticket, you can store your suitcases at the station for up to 24 hours at the price of $10. As a non-customer, the price is $20. In case you have any questions or need help with your bags, keep an eye out for the Amtrak “Red Cap” employees, who will happily assist you.
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 19:30 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 250 North Lamar Boulevard Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Austin offering luggage storage:
Luggage storage in Austin Airport
Due to security reasons and as is the case with most airports in the US, the Austin- Bergstrom International Airport does not provide any storage facilities.
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Austin:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Austin is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Austin
With a countless sight to see, Austin has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Austin and their locker situation so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Texas State Capitol – no coat check facilities
- LBJ Presidential Library – no luggage storage options available
- Bullock Texas State History Museum – the museums are equipped with lockers to stow your belongings
- The Blanton Museum of Art – you can leave your bags in the museum’s self-service lockers
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center – no storage options available
- Austin Aquarium – no information available
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Austin?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Austin, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Austin offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Austin.
Our most popular luggage storage guides so far in 2021
If you are interested in reading more about how you can avoid struggling with your luggage in other cities, then you can read our top 3 of our most popular luggage storage guides of 2021: