A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Salzburg as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Salzburg.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Salzburg – We’ve listed them below:
Salzburg Main Station/ Hauptbahnhof
You can find three different sized lockers at the main train station, which can be rented out for up to 24 hours. The price of a small box is €2, for a medium one €2.5, for a large €3.5, while an extra-large locker will cost you €4.5
- Opening hours: 24/7 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Wiener Platz 4, 01069 Salzburg Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Salzburg International Airport
Among the services available at the Salzburg Airport, there is also a left luggage facility, where you can deposit your suitcases for €8 per item per day. In case you’re on a skiing trip, you have the option of storing your skis for €5 per day. Payment is handled by the SAS Ticket Center.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: “Bulky Items” desk in the main terminal
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Salzburg:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Salzburg is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Salzburg
With countless sight to see, Salzburg has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Salzburg and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Mozart’s Birthplace – no storage options available
- Mozart Residence – there is no staffed cloakroom onsite, so anything larger than a cabin bag is not allowed inside
- DomQuartier – you can find a cloakroom on both the second and the third floor
- Hellbrunn Palace – no information available
- Mirabell Palace – no information available
- Hohensalzburg Fortress – there are lockers onsite
- Salzburg Cathedral – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage options available onsite
- Museum of Modern Art (Museum der Moderne) – the museum provides complimentary lockers for its visitors
- Salzburg Zoo – no storage options available
- St. Peter’s Abbey – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage options available onsite
- Red Bull Arena Salzburg – small backpacks are allowed inside, but there is also the option of leaving your belongings in the stadium lockers which open half hour before events taking place at the stadium and close half hour after
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Salzburg?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Salzburg, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Salzburg offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Salzburg.