2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Barcelona
Store your luggage anywhere in Barcelona from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Barcelona as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help.
With several bag storage locations around Barcelona, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your luggage.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Barcelona straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Barcelona. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Barcelona: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Barcelona to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 80 shops all over Barcelona which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Barcelona, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Barcelona is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Barcelona with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero when in Barcelona.
- When booking online your luggage storage in Barcelona, you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Barcelona!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Vouchers
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Barcelona
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Barcelona – We’ve listed them below:
Sagrada Familia – Lock & Be Free
For this service, you pay €5/day for small bags or €8/day for large ones.
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 24:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Calle Córcega, 562, 08025 Open in Google Maps
Cathedral, Jaume I station – Lock & Be Free
Also in this location, you pay €5/day for small bags or €8/day for large ones.
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 24:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Carrer dels Mercaders, 22, 08003 Open in Google Maps
Plaça de Catalunya – Locker Barcelona
For a small locker (fitting one cabin-sized suitcase), you pay €4/ day, while a large one (fitting 3 pieces of cabin luggage) costs €8/day. The extra-large option fits 5 suitcases and costs €14, while special-sized items (such as sports equipment) will cost you €10/day.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 21:00 (winter months, Monday – Sunday)
08:30 – 22:30 (summer months, Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Carrer d’Estruc, 36, 08002 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Barcelona Airport – El Prat
This staffed left luggage service costs €6/item for a period of up to two hours, €10/item for under 24 hours, or €20/item for up to 48 hours. Every additional day costs another €10/piece.
- Opening hours: : 06:00 – 22:00 (in Terminal 1) and 24/7 (in Terminal 2)(Monday – Saturday)
- Location: Terminal 1 (floor 0, La Plaza area) and Terminal 2 (floor 0)
Luggage storage in Barcelona Train Stations
Barcelona Nord Bus Station (Estacío Nord)
You can find the lockers in front of platforms 1-7. Their prices are €3.5/day for small cabinets or €5/day for larger bags.
- Opening hours: 05:30 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Carrer d’Alí Bei, 80, 08013 Open in Google Maps
Barcelona Sants Bus and Train Station (Estacio Sants) – Bags Free
This company charges a flat fee of €5/item/day.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Carrer dels Comtes de Bell-Lloc 53, 08014 Open in Google Maps
Barcelona Sants Bus and Train Station (Estacio Sants) – Excess Baggage Company
Prices for this service vary according to locker rental time:
• Up to 3 hours – €6
• Up to 24 hours – €10
• Up to 48 hours – €20
• After 2 days – €10/day
• After 14 days – €4.29/ day
- Opening hours: 05:30 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Plaça dels Països Catalans, 1, 7, 08014 Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Barcelona offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Barcelona:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Barcelona is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Barcelona
With countless sight to see, Barcelona has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Barcelona and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Sagrada Família – many advise to visit the cathedral without any bags, as there are no luggage storage options onsite and security screenings take a very long time
- Barcelona Cathedral (Catedral de Barcelona) – the cathedral doesn’t have a storage facility, so best stow your bags before your visit and be sure to have appropriate clothing, or else you will be denied access
- Casa Batlló – there are no storage options, except for wheelchairs and strollers
- Casa Milà – La Pedrera – you can find lockers on the ground floor
- Picasso Museum – the museum is equipped with lockers
- National Art Museum of Catalonia – (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya) – storage lockers can be found at the museum entrance
- Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona) – there is a cloakroom onsite where you can leave your coats and smaller bags
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Barcelona?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Barcelona, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Barcelona offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the city.
We have recently announced the winners of the “Best Travel Blogs Barcelona 2019” and we encourage you to take a look at the blogs if you need some inspiration. Click here in order to see the winner and read a short resume about what their blogs are about.
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all luggage storage locations around Barcelona.
FAQs about luggage storage in Barcelona.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers about luggage storage in Barcelona.
Where to store luggage or bags in Barcelona?
There are many places to store luggage in Barcelona. Train stations and airports often provide luggage storage facilities. Also, luggage storage companies that have several locations in and around Barcelona are becoming increasingly popular. Therefore, it is easy to find a location to drop off bags. If you use a luggage storage company, you can look at its map to locate nearby locations that store luggage.
What is the price to store luggage in Barcelona?
Most luggage services in and around Barcelona charge their customers for an entire day. However, some newer luggage storage services provide customers with another pricing system, where they instead charge for each hour. The price varies but can be as low as €1/hour.
How do I find luggage storage near me?
It is easy to find storage lockers nearby if you search online for a luggage storage company. You can find sites where you can quickly locate a storage locker nearby. This is easy to do because luggage storage companies have maps that show where their different storage locations are throughout the relevant city, such as Barcelona.
Is there luggage storage at Camp Nou stadium?
There are several opportunities to store luggage around Camp Nou stadium but you cannot leave luggage at the stadium. Instead, you can search online for luggage storage companies, as they offer many locations near Camp Nou stadium where customers can store their luggage and pay on an hourly basis.
Are there storage lockers at Barcelona Sants station?
There are several options for storing luggage in and around Barcelona Sants station which is one of Barcelona’s biggest stations. First, it is possible to store luggage at Barcelona Sants station between 5:30 a.m.and 11 p.m. Also, several luggage storage companies have many locations near Barcelona Sants station where customers can drop off their luggage and pay hourly for safe luggage storage.
Are there luggage lockers in Barcelona airport?
Yes, there are luggage storage options in Barcelona airport. There is a luggage storage service in Barcelona Airport offered by Excess Baggage Company. This service allows you to leave your luggage and bags in lockers for short or medium periods at both terminals, T1 and T2. The maximum time limit for storage is 90 days.