2019 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Helsinki
Store your luggage anywhere in Helsinki
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Helsinki as of 2019:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Helsinki.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Helsinki – We’ve listed them below:
Helsinki Central Station
You can stow your belongings at the price of €4 for small lockers, €6 for medium lockers and €8 for large lockers. The prices are for one day, maximum storage period is four days. In case your plan is to enjoy the great skiing slopes of Finland, you can deposit your gear at the price of €8 per day.
- Opening hours: 05:20 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Kaivokatu 1, 00100 Helsinki Open in Google Maps
Kampii Bus Station
Located in the Kamppi Shopping Center, this left luggage service will cost a minimum of €5 per day, depending on the size of the item.
- Opening hours:
09:00 – 21:00 Monday – Friday)
09:00 – 20:00 (Saturday)
12:00 – 18:00 (Sunday)
- Address: Open in Google Maps
Katajanokka Helsinki Port
A baggage storage option is available at the Olympia Terminal at the price a cost of €2 and €4 per 24 hours for small and bigger locker respectively. You can also find lockers at the West Terminal 1, costing €3 (small ones) or €4 (large ones). Maximum rental period is seven days.
- Opening hours:
08:30 – 22:30 (Monday – Saturday)
08:30 – 19:00 (Sunday)
- Address: Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Helsinki Airport
Among the services available at the Helsinki Airport, there is also a left luggage facility, where you can deposit your suitcases for €5 per small locker per day or €6 per large locker per day. You can deposit your bags for a maximum of seven days. Both cash and card payments are accepted.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: ground floor, Terminal 1
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Helsinki:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Helsinki is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Helsinki
With countless sight to see, Helsinki has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Helsinki and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Suomenlinna – there are free lockers in the reception area
- Rock Church (Temppeliaukio Church) – no trolleys are allowed inside and there are no storage options there
- Uspensky Cathedral – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage options here
- Finnish National Museum of Art (Ateneum) – here you can find both lockers and a staffed cloakroom
- Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art – the museum is equipped with both lockers and a cloakroom
- Luonnontieteellinen Museo (Natural History Museum) – the museum offers a cloakroom facilities to store your belongings
- Korkeasaari Zoo – no information available
- Helsinki Cathedral – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage options here
- Kansallismuseo (Finnish National Museum) – there are free lockers by the toilets
- Helsinki Olympic Stadium – the stadium is temporarily closed for renovations
- Oodi (Helsinki Central Library) – you can find lockers hear the library entrance
- Design Museum – the museum is equipped with coin-operated lockers
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Oslo?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Helsinki, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Helsinki offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Helsinki.
What to keep in mind when picking a luggage storage solution
Sometimes it’s not so easy to figure out which luggage storage solution to pick. Here are a few things to keep in mind before making a decision:
- Location: the first criteria is also the most obvious one. Pick a service which is close to the place you want to visit, but also take into consideration how many other people might think the same way as you. In some cases, such as when visiting a very famous museum, leaving your belongings at their cloakroom might mean a lot of extra waiting time spent queuing or going through security. So it’s good to check a few options in the area where you’re in
- Price : a small price can seem like the perfect deciding factor. After all, you’re on holiday, there are better ways to spend your money. But before you get too excited, check if there are any extra fees, or if they charge you for being a bit late picking up your bags. This way you save yourself from any unexpected surprises.
- Opening hours : some places might be ideally located and charge a reasonable price, but might close quite early in the evening or take a two-hour lunch break, messing with your plans. A good storage solution means not stressing about pick-up and drop-off times
- Safety/ insurance : you don’t just want to leave your trolley behind, but also your worries. Check where they deposit your bags and if they offer insurance (if so, how much?) Other customers’ reviews always come in handy.