2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Vienna
Store your luggage anywhere in Vienna from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Vienna as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Vienna, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Vienna straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Vienna. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Vienna: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Vienna to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 20 shops all over Vienna which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Vienna, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave just your bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Vienna is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Vienna with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Vienna!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Vienna
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Other luggage storage provider:
Their lockers come in a single size and the prices vary according to time renting the boxes and you can pay with both debit and credit cards. Their rates are:
– 3 hours – 3€
– 6 hours – 5€
– 12 hours – 7€
– 24 hours – 9€
– 72 hours – 15€
- Opening hours: 7:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Rauhensteingasse 7, 1010, Vienna. Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Vienna Airport (Flughafen Wien)
There are two left luggage centers at Vienna Aiport. To ensure space for your bags you can write them an email at email@example.com.
- Opening hours: daily from 05:30 am to 11:00 pm
- Location: in the check-in areas in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
Luggage storage in Train Stations
You can safely store your belongings at the different stations around Vienna as they offer luggage storage lockers. The lockers are coin operated and only for a maximum of 24 hours. The sizing range from Small to Jumbo and pricing range from €2.00 to €4.50. You can see below the list of stations who offer luggage storage around Vienna for more sizing and pricing details.
- Vienna Central Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof) – Open in Google Maps
- Vienna Mitte – Open in Google Maps
- Vienna Westbahnhof – Open in Google Maps
- Meidling Bahnhof – Open in Google Maps
- Praterstern – Open in Google Maps
|Size of lockers |||Dimensions HxWxD |||Price|
This is a comparison of all the companies in Vienna offering luggage storage:
Alternative: Luggage storage at tourist attractions in Vienna
Museums and galleries
With countless sight to see, this Austrian city has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Vienna and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Schönbrunn Palace – you can find the cloakroom in the main building. If necessary, you can lock your valuables separately in safes;
- Imperial Palace (Hofburg) – unfortunately there is no storage option on site;
- Albertina Museum – A cloakroom is available but charges apply. You can deposit your items in the free cloakroom lockers on level -1;
- Art History Museum (Kunsthistorisches Museum) – access to the cloakroom is free of charge
- State Opera (Wiener Staatsoper)
- Belvedere Museum – the lockers are free to use, but they are not big enough for suitcases. You’re required to leave your coat and other bulky items backpacks, for example) in the cloakroom
- Natural History Museum (Naturhistorisches Museum) – the museums provides lockers which visitors can use free of charge;
- Spanish Riding School Spanische Hofreitschule) – there is no storage option on site.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack. This is the key reason why you should consider planning where to store your luggage while shopping and exploring the city of Vienna.
Besides the struggling with unhandy suitcases, they also put a physical strain on you as you carry them around with you. Therefore, left luggage storage is the perfect service for you! While storing your luggage in a safe place you’re able to enjoy your time in Vienna.
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Vienna:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Vienna is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Vienna?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Vienna, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Vienna offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the diverse cultural life.