2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Milan
Store your luggage anywhere in Milan from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Milan as of 2020:
Lovers of art, fashion, history, wine or pizza, you’ve found your haven. A UNESCO world heritage site, Milan is the home of many incredible sights: from the La Scala opera theatre and the Duomo, to da Vinci’s “Last Supper” and innumerable Renaissance paintings, from Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (ground zero for high-end fashion in Italy) to Fondazione Prada.
The only type of bags you should be carrying around in this amazing Italian city are shopping bags, and certainly not travel bags.
LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Milan, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Milan straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Milan. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Milan: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Milan to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 30 shops all over Milan which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Milan, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterward.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave just your bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Milan is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Milan with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations that are open around the clock so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Milan!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Milan
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Download LuggageHero’s free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download LuggageHero’s bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Milan.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Milan – We’ve listed them below:
Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral)
Duomo Luggage Storage
Located inside a pizzeria restaurant, this luggage service charges €4,5 per item stored. What you pay afterward for the pizza and pasta doesn’t count 🙂
- Opening hours: 10:30 – 22:30
- Address: Via Dogana 2, 20123. Open in Google Maps
Also located within a pizzeria restaurant, this left luggage service costs €5,66 per item per day (flat fee). A side note on using this service: before you can see any details such as address or reviews, you first need to create an account on their website.
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 00:30 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Piazza dei Mercanti, 20123. Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Milan Airports
Renting a locker at the Malpensa will cost you €3,5 for a small bag or €4 for a larger one. The prices are calculated for a 24 hours period and you pay the full rate, even if you use the service for less than that.
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 22:00
- Location: Terminal 1 – Arrivals area
Compared to most airports where you can find a left luggage service, the Bergamo airport in Milano is fairly accessible: you pay €5/ item/day.
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 22:00
- Location: Arrivals hall
In the Milano Linate Airport customers are charged a daily flat fee of either €4,5 or €5 per item.
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 21:30
- Location: Ground floor – Arrivals area
Luggage storage in Milano Centrale Railway Station (Stazione Milano Centrale)
Service provided by the station
Leaving your suitcases here will cost €3,5 per item for the first 5 hours, every additional hour adding another €0,6 to your bill. If you store your belongings for more than 12 hours, then starting with the 13th hour you only pay an additional €0,20. Be aware that you cannot store items bigger than 20kg or for more than 5 days.
Do transit points give you a headache when you try to orientate yourself? Here’s a map of the station to make things easier.
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 00:00
- Location: 2nd floor, in front of platforms 5 and 6
For the first 5 hours you pay €6 per piece, every additional hour costing another €1. After the first 12 hours, you pay another €0,5/item/hour. There is a porter on-site every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Ground level, shopping gallery area, close to Piazza Luigi di Savoia
Stow Your Bags
The prices for these lockers vary according to both size of your bags and the time you use the service, and include a €0,5 service fee:
– Standard: €1,99/hour (prices vary for each additional hour) or €13,49/day
– Large: €2,99/hour (prices vary for each additional hour) or €18,49/day
Keep in mind that they only accept Visa, Mastercard or Maestro cards and if you are late to pick up your bags, you will be charged an extra 50% as penalty.
- Opening hours: 7:00 – 23:00
- Location: Via Giovanni Battista Pergolesi 22, 20124. Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Porta Garibaldi Train Station (Stazione Porta Garibaldi)
There is a left luggage point near the WC and newsstand at Garibaldi Train Station. Look for a sign that reads “deposito bagagli”.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Milan
With countless sight to see, this North Italian City has a very active and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Milan and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral) – luggage is not permitted inside and handbags are thoroughly checked. An extra tip, be sure to be appropriately dressed (shoulders and legs covered) or else you will not be allowed to enter. You can read the regulations here.
- Santa Maria delle Grazie church (Chiesa Santa Maria della Grazie), home of da Vinci’s The Last Supper – the church provides lockers for small bags, but be aware this might take some time. No aerosols or bottles are allowed inside;
- Brera Art Gallery (Pinacoteca di Brera) – you can deposit your bags in their lockers;
- Sforzesco Castle (Castello Sforzesco) – you can also find lockers in the Sforzesco castle (level -1) where you can also leave larger items;
- La Scala Opera House (Teatro Alla Scala) – they provide free bag deposit at the entrance, but be sure not to bring any backpacks;
- Fondazione Prada – purses are allowed inside, while larger items can be left in the cloakroom for free;
- Museo del Novecento – the museums has a bag drop-off area at the entrance;
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology (Museo Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci) – the museum does not have a cloakroom, but it does have coin-operated lockers near the picnic area
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d want to consider a luggage storage service that is more conveniently located.
This is a comparison of all the companies in Milan offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Milan:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Milan is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Milan?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Milan, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Milan offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the diverse cultural life.