A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Bergamo as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Bergamo.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Bergamo – We’ve listed them below:
Urban Center Building
Close to the Bergamo train station, you can find the Urban Center Building, which is equipped with lockers. The price to stow a small bag is €3, while a large one costs €4.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Piazzale Guglielmo Marconi, 24121 Bergamo Open in Google Maps
Bergamo Old Town
You can find these lockers inside the Adalberto tower. Although there is no exact information on prices, judging by how much other companies charge, it should be around €5 per item per day.
- Opening hours:
08:30 -19:00 (summer months)
09:30 – 17:00 (winter months)
- Address: Torre di Adalberto, 24129 Bergamo Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Bergamo Airport
This left luggage service is managed by the Autostradale Company, which charges €5 per item per day.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 22:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Arrivals hall
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Bergamo:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Bergamo is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Bergamo
With countless sight to see, Bergamo has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Bergamo and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- GAMeC Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art (Galleria d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di Bergamo) – no information available
- Terzi Palace (Palazzo Terzi) – there is a cloakroom for small bags and coats
- Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore – no storage options available
- Palazzo della Ragione – the palace does not provide a bag check
- Castello di San Vigilio – no storage options available
- Museo di Scienze Naturali “E. Caffi” – no information available
- Duomo di Bergamo e Battistero – as is the case with most places of worship, there are no storage facilities onsite
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Bergamo?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Bergamo, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Bergamo offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Bergamo.