2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Manchester
Store your luggage anywhere in Manchester from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Manchester as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Manchester, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Manchester straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Manchester. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Manchester: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Manchester to store your luggage for as low as £1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 20 shops all over Manchester which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Manchester, you only pay £1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of £2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than £8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to £2200 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of £8/bag on the first day and only £5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Manchester is insured for up to £2200 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Manchester with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Manchester!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and £5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Manchester – We’ve listed them below:
Manchester Piccadilly Station
Excess Baggage Company
Excess Baggage Company also operates the left luggage facilities in the Piccadilly train station, located near platform 10. The prices are £6 for up to 3 hours, £9 for up to 24 hours, £13 for up to 48 hours and £17 for up to 72 hours. Anything more than 72 hours is charged at an additional £7 per day.
- Opening hours:07:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Saturday) and 08:00 – 23:00 (Sunday)
- Address: Piccadilly Station, M1 2BNOpen in Google Maps
This service charges £5 per bag per 24 hours. Take care to book online beforehand, as payment cannot be made in the store.
- Opening hours:
08:30 – 18:00 (Monday – Friday)
10:00 – 16:00 (Saturday)
10:00 – 14:00 (Sunday)
- Address: 40-46 Ashton Old Rd Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Manchester Airport
Excess Baggage Company
The company charges £7,5 for up to 3 hours, £12,50 for up to 24 hours, £20 for up to 48 hours and £27,50 for up to 72 hours. Anything more than 72 hours is charged at an additional £5 per day.
- Opening hours: 04:00 – 22:00 (Terminal 1) and 04:00 – 20:00 (Terminal 2 & 3)
- Location: Terminal 1, 2 and 3
This is a comparison of all the companies in Manchester offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Manchester:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Manchester is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Manchester
With countless sight to see, Manchester has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Manchester and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Manchester Art Gallery – there are free luggage lockers in the front entrance hall of the gallery; you’ll need a refundable £1 coin to operate each locker
- Peoples History Museum – lockers are located on the lower ground floor of the museum. They require a £1 coin to operate which is refundable when you retrieve your belongings
- Greater Manchester Police Museum – only has a small cloakroom for visitors
- Science and Industry Museum -you can hire a small locker for £1, or a large locker for £2. This charge is non-refundable. Lockers are on the lower-ground floor (basement).Go down the staircase between the shop and the Warehouse Café
- National Football Museum – cloakroom facilities and lockers are currently unavailable
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Manchester
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Manchester, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Manchester offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the city.