2019 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Strasbourg
Store your luggage anywhere in Strasbourg
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Strasbourg as of 2019:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Strasbourg.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Strasbourg – We’ve listed them below:
Strasbourg Central Station (Gare de Strasbourg-Ville)
Located on platform 1, exit 8, this storage option costs 5.50 per day when renting a small locker, 7.5 for a medium one or 9.50 for a large box. After the 1st day, you pay 5 for a 24-hour period and you can deposit your bags for a maximum of 3 days.
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 20:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Place de la Gare 20, 67000 Strasbourg Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Strasbourg Airport
Due to security reasons, there are is no left luggage service at the airport. There are few options in the city itself, so it might be a good idea to travel light when visiting Strasbourg, if you can.
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Strasbourg:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Strasbourg is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Strasbourg
With countless sight to see, Strasbourg has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Strasbourg and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Notre-Dame de Strasbourg Cathedral
- Maison Kammerzell – if you want to grab a bite to eat at their renowned restaurant, it’s likely they will offer to keep your luggage for you, as this famous building now operated as a hotel
- Rohan Palace / Museum of Decorative Arts – you can find a cloakroom in the Rohan Palace
- Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art – the museum is equipped with a cloakroom
- History Museum – you can find a cloackroom near the entrance
- L’Oeuvre Notre-Dame Museum – there is a cloakroom available at this museum
- European Parliament – for security reasons, there are no lockers onsite
- Alsatian Museum – there is a cloakroom onsite
- Pixel Museum – no information available
- Le Vaisseau – complimentary lockers can be found at this museum
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Strasbourg?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Strasbourg, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Strasbourg offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Strasbourg.