A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Stockholm as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Stockholm.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Stockholm- We’ve listed them below:
On the 4th floor of this department store you can find different sized lockers to rent. The price for a small one is 35 SEK (€3.30), while a large one will cost you 70 SEK (€6.60)
- Opening hours:
10:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Friday)
10:00 – 19:00 (Saturday)
11:00 – 19:00 (Sunday)
- Address: Klarabergsgatan 50, 111 21 Stockholm Open in Google Maps
You can find the left luggage office either in two spots at the train station. One is located in the lower hall, at the SL Centre, and costs 70 SEK (€6.6) per day for a small locker or 90 SEK (€8.4) for a large box.
The other one is in the upper hall, outside Panini and Blueberry and is open from 09:00 to 18:30. A small locker is 60 SEK (€5.6) while a large one is 80 SEK (€7.5).
To easily find these lockers, have a look at this map of the station.
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Centralplan 15, 111 20 Stockholm Open in Google Maps
Cityterminalen Stockholm Bus Station
The bus station also has two different options for luggage storage: on level 1 at gate 4 or on level 2, at gate 14 and 15.
The medium locker costs 60 SEK (€5.6) for 4 hours or 70 SEK (€6.6) for a whole day, while large ones are 80 SEK (€7.5) for 4 hours and 90 SEK (€8.4) for a full day.
- Opening hours: 03:15 – 23:45 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Klarabergsviadukten 72 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Stockholm Airports
Locker prices vary according to box size and start at 60 SEK (€5.6) for a 24 hour period.
Here you can access a map of the terminal, to easily find the lockers.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Terminal 2, 4, 5 and SkyCity Open in Google Maps
Stockholm Bromma Airport
The rental prices vary according to locker size and cost between 30 and 60 SEK (€2.8 and €5.6). Cash payment not possible.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: before security
Stockholm Skavsta Airport
The Connect Hotel offers lockers for rent at the price of 80 SEK per day or 240 SEK for a whole week. Refer to the hotel staff for details.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Connect Hotel (General Schybergs Väg 23, 611 92 Nyköping) Open in Google Maps
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Stockholm:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Stockholm is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Stockholm
With countless sight to see, Stockholm has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Stockholm and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Vasa Museum – the museum is equipped with lockers you can use free of charge
- Fotografiska – complimentary luggage storage can be found downstairs
- The Royal Palace (Sveriges Kungahus) – only the Kronor Museum has a limited number of lockers, but otherwise there are no options available
- Moderna Museet – lockers can be found on the 1st and 4th floor
- ABBA the museum – the museum is equipped with free small lockers but they do not fir large pieces of luggage
- The Royal Swedish Opera – the opera is equipped with a cloakroom
- The National Museum – the museum has lockers where you can leave your bags and coats
- Army Museum – you can find lockers at the museum, which can be used free of charge
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Stockholm?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Stockholm, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Stockholm offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Stockholm.