2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Toronto
Store your luggage anywhere in Toronto
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Toronto as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. We’ve put together a comprehensive ad up-to-date guide on options for storing your luggage when around Toronto.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Toronto- We’ve listed them below:
Toronto Union Station
Due to security reasons, this left luggage service is available only to VIA Rail or Amtrak customers, on the day of their departure. For those with an Economy ticket, the price is $6 per item. The service is included in the ticket price for Business and Prestige classes.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 19:45 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 65 Front St W, Toronto Open in Google Maps
Toronto Coach Station (bus terminal)
You can find self-service lockers which cost $5 per 24-hour period. Comment threads on TripAdvisor forums generally warn against picking the cabinets closest to the ticketing machine, as it seems they could easily be opened without the proper key.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 610 Bay St, Toronto Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Toronto Airport
Toronto Pearson Airport
The airport left luggage storage is operated by Excess Baggage Company, who charges $10 per item for using the service under 6 hours, $12.50 for stowing one item less than 24 hours or $22.50 per item for up to two days. Stowing your bags more than that will entail an additional charge of $7.50 per item per day.
- Opening hours:
Terminal 1 | 05:00 – 01:00 (Monday – Sunday)
Terminal 3 | 05:00 – 00:00 (Monday – Sunday)
Terminal 1, domestic arrivals, before security
Terminal 3, international arrivals, before security
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Toronto:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Toronto is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Toronto
With countless sight to see, Toronto has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Toronto and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- CN Tower – bags larger than 25 x 15 x 20 inches (63 x 38 x 50 cm) are not allowed inside and there are no storage facilities inside
- Royal Ontario Museum – the museum has a coat check, however visitors are encouraged to leave larger items at home
- The AGO Art Gallery of Ontario – each visitor is allowed to ring only one bag plus a personal item inside. The gallery is equipped with a coat check, which is free for average sized bags, but costs $15 for oversized items
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada – the aquarium has both a coat check (which costs $2) and lockers ($3 for a small one, or $4 for a larger one)
- Rogers Center – visitors can take inside soft-sided bags, no larger than 16” x 16” x 8” (40 x 40 x 20 cm)
- Ontario Science Center – you can find $1 coin-operated lockers on level 2
- Aga Khan Museum – the museum offers its visitors complimentary coat check service
- Toronto Islands – you can find lockers all throughout the island, usually located near washrooms and changing rooms
- Toronto Zoo – small, medium and large lockers are available to tourists for $1
- Hockey Hall of Fame – there are no storage options available
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Sometimes there are hotels which will stow your bags even if you’re not staying with them. Here are a couple of hotels in Toronto where you can deposit your suitcases regardless of whether or not you are their guest:
Even if you do not stay at the Intercontinental, you can still stow your bags here at the price of $5. Simply look for the bellhop, who will write down your personal details and give you a ticket for bag-pickup. To make sure that the service is available at the time of your visit, you can always call them at +1 416-597-1400.
- Opening hours: 05:00 – 23:30 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 225 Front St W, Toronto Open in Google Maps
There is no fixed fee for depositing your bags at the Chelsea Hotel, but rather a pay-what-you-want policy. However, a generous tip for their help is always much appreciated. To make sure the service is still available at the time of your visit, give them a call beforehand: +1 416-595-1975
- Address: 33 Gerrard St W, Toronto Open in Google Maps
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Toronto?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Toronto, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Toronto offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Toronto.