2020 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Berlin
Store your luggage anywhere in Berlin from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Berlin as of 2020:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Berlin, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Berlin straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Berlin. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Berlin: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Berlin to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 50 shops all over Berlin which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Berlin, you only pay €1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of €2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than €8/ day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Berlin is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Berlin with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Berlin!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Berlin
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
Download our free luggage storage app:
For even more comfort and ease, you can download our LuggageHero bag storage app where you can see all our locations around Berlin.
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Berlin – We’ve listed them below:
Central Bus Station (ZOB)
The central bus station is also equipped with lockers, accessible as well 24/7. Their prices vary according to size, and can cost from €2 to €6 over a 24 hours period.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 14057 Berlin. Open in Google Maps
Near the Alex Oase you can find 20 self-service baggage deposit lockers which cost €1.5 for 4 hours.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Tunnel Alexanderplatz 7, 10178. Open in Google Maps
Near the Friedrichstraße Station you can find an additional 4 lockers at the price of €0.5 for two hours or €2 for eight hours.
- Opening hours: 24 hours/ day (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Dorotheenstraße 30, 10117. Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Berlin offering luggage storage:
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Berlin:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Berlin is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Berlin
With countless sight to see, Berlin has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Berlin and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Reichstag Building – no storage options on site and large items are not allowed
- Berlin Television Tower (Fernsehturm)
- Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom) – is equipped with a limited number of lockers (price included in entrance ticket). Be sure to deposit your bags before before queueing to enter, as you will be turned away otherwise
- Charlottenburg Palace – the palace provides lockers and a cloakroom
- Jewish Museum – free cloakroom facilities on site
- Museum Island – storage options in the following museums are very limited and they cannot keep items larger than carry-on luggage.
o Old Museum (Altes Museum)
o New Museum (Neues Museum)
o Bode Museum
o Old National Gallery (Alte Nationalgalerie)
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Luggage storage in Berlin Airports
The prices here range from €4 to €6 for hand luggage, and from €6 to €10 for normal checked luggage.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 23:30 (Monday – Saturday) and 08:00 – 18:00 (Sunday)
- Location: Arrival Hall in Terminal D
At Berlin Tegel airport, you pay a daily flat fee of €7.20 for smaller bag and €9.90 for larger trolleys.
- Opening hours: 05:00 – 22:30 (Monday – Sunday)
- Location: Terminal A, Service Centre
Luggage storage in Berlin Train Stations
Hauptbahnhof (Central Station)
At this station you have the option to choose between self-service lockers or a staffed service. You can use the baggage lockers around the clock, which you can find in the parking lot outside the main building in area C on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor. Pricing vary according to size of the cabinet and range between €4 and €6 per day.
If you prefer the staffed service, their offices are open from 6:00 to 22:00 and they charge €5/ item.
- Opening hours: 06:15 – 23:15 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: Europaplatz 1, 10557, Berlin. Open in Google Maps
Other train stations:
Most of Berlin’s train stations are equipped with self-service storage lockers accessible around the clock. Pricing vary according to size of the cabinet and range between €4 and €6 per day.
- Alexanderplatz train station: Dircksenstraße 2, 10179. Open in Google Maps
- Ostbahnhof train station: Koppenstraße 3, 10243. Open in Google Maps
- Friedrichstraße Station: Georgenstraße 14/17, 10117. Open in Google Maps
- Potsdamer Platz train station: Potsdamer Platz, 10785. Open in Google Maps
- Gesundbrunnen station: Badstraße 1-3, 13357. Open in Google Maps
- Zoologischer Garten: Hardenbergplatz 11, 10623. Open in Google Maps
- Südkreutz train station: General-Pape-Straße 1, 12101. Open in Google Maps
- Spandau train station: Seegefelder Str. 1, 13597. Open in Google Maps
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Berlin?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Berlin, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Berlin offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the city.