2019 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Boston
Store your luggage anywhere in Boston from $1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Boston as of 2019:
You saved all the sights you want to visit on your phone, looked up all the best restaurants and pubs, and checked out nightlife hotspots. But nothing kills the excitement of a holiday than carrying your luggage through the entire city.
No worries, LuggageHero is here to help. With several locations around Boston, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution for storing your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Boston straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Boston. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Boston: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Boston to store your luggage for as low as $1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 30 shops all over Boston which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
Easy, quick, budget-friendly
- When using LuggageHero in Boston, you only pay $1/ hour, with a one-time handling fee of $2. No worries, we always keep your budget in mind – you never pay more than $8/day (handling fee included)
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to $3000 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of $8/bag on the first day and only $5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
Safety is our no. 1 priority
Don’t leave your just bags behind, but also your worries. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Boston is insured for up to $3000 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
Enjoy Boston with no time limit
If anything, you should be the boss of your own schedule while on vacation. This is why we have partnered up with locations which are open around the clock, so that you can make the most of your visit without having to think of closing times.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling with friends or family? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Boston!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
- 1$ per hour + a one-time handling fee of 2$ – maximum 8$ for the first 24 hours and $5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Boston
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
All these companies can offer you bag storage in Boston – We’ve listed them below:
Rowes Wharf Water Transport
This service offers three different combinations of luggage storage and water transportation. The first, costing $35, covers luggage storage for the day in their office downtown and transportation to and from the airport.
The second option, also $35, offers bag deposit for the day, as well as transportation from the cruise terminal and to the airport.
Lastly, for $22 you get luggage storage for the day and transportation to the airport.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 20:00 (November – April, Monday – Sunday)
07:00 – 22:00 (May – October, Monday – Saturday)
07:00 – 20:00 (May – October, Sunday)
- Address: 60 Rowes Wharf, Boston, MA 02110 Open in Google Maps
Luggage storage in Boston South Station
If you’re traveling with this railway service, you can store your bags for $10 per bag per 2 hours. Look for one of the “Red Cap” employees to help you.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 21:00 (Monday – Sunday)
- Address: 700 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02110 Open in Google Maps
Greyhound Package Express
If you decide to use this service, be sure to have some cash on hand, as they don’t accept card payments. Also, pick-ups have to be made 15 minutes before closing time, as overnight storage is not available.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 20:00 (Monday – Friday)
08:00 – 17:00 (Saturday – Sunday)
- Location: 5th floor of bus terminal Open in Google Maps
You can deposit your bags at the price of $10/ item for up to 24 hours. Only cash payment.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 19:00 (Monday – Friday)
09:00 – 17:00 (Saturday – Sunday)
- Location: main lobby, top of escalator Open in Google Maps
This is a comparison of all the companies in Boston offering luggage storage:
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Boston
With countless sight to see, Boston has a very rich and diverse cultural life. However, it might be more difficult to enjoy it, if you suddenly find yourself unable to enter a place you’ve been dying to visit because of your trolley.
We’ve made a quick list of all the main tourist attractions in Boston and their locker situation, so that you’re up-to-speed:
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace luggage storage: some small restaurants might offer to keep your belonings while you dine, but there are no lockers available onsite
- Fenway Park luggage storage: items larger than a handbag are not allowed inside and items left at the screening area will not be kept, but discarded, so best stow your bags before
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston luggage storage: there are two cloakrooms that can be used free of charge, found at the entrances from Huntington and State Street Corporation Fenway respectively.
- Boston Public Library luggage storage: no information available.
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Museum and Library luggage storage: no options available.
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum luggage storage: cloakroom and lockers can be found downstairs.
- New England Aquarium luggage storage: you can rent a small locker for $4 or a large one for $6. Larger items are complimentary kept at the Information Desk.
- MIT Massachusetts Institute of Technology luggage storage: no options available
Most hotels do offer to keep your bags for a few hours before your check-in or after checking out. Your best bet is to simply ask. If your hotel is a bit out of the way from your sightseeing itinerary or means of transportation, you’d might want to consider a luggage storage service which is more conveniently located.
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Boston:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Boston is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Boston?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Boston, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Boston offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Sightseeing and attractions just aren’t the same with a suitcase in each hand and a backpack on your shoulders. Free yourself from baggage to fully enjoy your time in Boston.