2019 Guide: Find Luggage Storage & Lockers in Copenhagen
Store your luggage anywhere in Copenhagen from €1/hour
A guide on how and where to find lockers and places to store your luggage in Copenhagen as of 2019:
While on vacation, you’re not supposed to carry your worries around with you. So why should you carry your bags around? With several locations around Copenhagen, conveniently close to all the main tourist attractions, LuggageHero is a quick, safe and easy solution to store your bags.
Access this map for free to compare all the services available in Copenhagen straight to your smartphone
Click on the icons to get more info on locations, price and insurance. The map includes all locations from LuggageHero™ and public left luggage services in Copenhagen. To open up this map in full screen: Click here
Best rated in Copenhagen: LuggageHero
Use a local shop (coffee shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, and stores) in Copenhagen to store your luggage for as low as €1.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero
LuggageHero offers storage option in over 40 shops all over Copenhagen which means you can stow away your belongings for hours or even days if you need to.
LuggageHero: always in the neighbourhood
Don’t spend your time looking for a place where to drop off your suitcases. Leave it in one of our partner locations, conveniently located all throughout the city. This way your time is best spent enjoying the city rather than traveling to and from where you left your suitcases.
Easy to find, easy to use, easy to budget
- When using LuggageHero in Copenhagen, you only pau a maximum of €8/ day: €1/ hour and one-time handling fee of €2. We are budget-friendly so that you can splurge on what matters – having a good time.
- The handling fee includes security seals and insurance with coverage of up to €2500 for each bag. There are no other hidden fees.
- If you store your luggage for several days, you only pay a maximum of €8/bag on the first day and only €5/ day afterwards.
- You will only pay for the time you actually store your luggage. You don’t pay anything if you don’t show up for your booking.
- Book online and receive your directions. No app download needed.
We care about making your holidays not just hands-free, but also worry-free. Each piece of luggage left in one of our LuggageHero locations in Copenhagen is insured for up to €2500 per bag, the highest insurance coverage in the industry.
More than that, we have designed a custom security seal that makes sure no one has tampered with your belongings. Click here to read about our specially designed security seal, which is provided for free at all our locations.
Quality-checked partner locations
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local employee, who performs regular quality checks. Every piece of luggage is stored away from any public access and secured with a security seal every time.
There’s no curfew when you’re on vacation
We all hate it when the alarm waked us up right in the middle of a great dream. Don’t let that be the case on your Danish holidays: why leave your bags somewhere and be rushed to pick them up before their closing time at 18:00 (the hour when it’s scientifically proven that beer tastes the best)? We here at LuggageHero have partnered up with several central locations in Copenhagen that are open around the clock, so that you can have a dreamy holiday with no timer stressing you out.
Traveling with friends and family made easy
Traveling in a group? Then don’t pass up the chance to get a special discount for storing 10 or more pieces of luggage. Write us a quick message and you’re all set to go.
Four simple steps to leave your luggage with LuggageHero
- When booking online you are always guaranteed space
- Start the storage timer in your browser when arriving at the shop or use the link sent to you to access your booking page.
- Enjoy yourself in Copenhagen!
- Pick up your luggage and stop the storage timer on your booking page.
Costs and Discount Voucher
per hour + a one-time handling fee of – maximum for the first 24 hours and €5 for each additional day including your free luggage storage insurance
Discount Vouchers – Click here to see if we have any available at the moment.
Luggage storage with LuggageHero in Copenhagen
Read Reviews about LuggageHero here:
This is a comparison of all the companies in Copenhagen offering luggage storage:
Luggage storage in Copenhagen Airport – Københavns Lufthavn
As in most cases, the Copenhagen Airport also offers a space where to stow away your trolleys. The prices vary according not only to bag size, but also to time service is used. Take care that for this service you can only pay with Visa or Mastercard cards. For more information or assistance using the service, go to the Info desk in Terminal 3.
The prices are:
- Small bags DKK 60/ €8.07 (under 4 hours) or DKK 80/ €10.71 (more than 4 hours)
- Large bags DKK 80/ €10.71 (under 4 hours) or DKK 100/ €13.39 (more than 4 hours)
- Ski or golf bags DKK 100/ €13.39 (under 4 hours) or DKK 120/ €16.07 (more than 4 hours)
Location: in the airport’s P4 parking garage. Click here for a map of where you can find the lockers.
Luggage storage in Copenhagen Central Station – Københavns Hovedbanegård
The Copenhagen Central Station offers two options for leaving your luggage: luggage or storage with personal service (meaning your bags will be stored and supervised by dedicated personnel). The prices vary according to luggage size.
The prices for lockers are:
- DKK 70/ day for a small bag (€9.37/day)
- DKK 80/ day for a large bag (€10.71/day)
- DKK 85/ day for bikes (€11.38/day)
If you want to leave your suitcases in the staffed storage area, then the costs are:
- DKK 75/ day for a small piece of luggage (€10.04/day)
- DKK 85/ day for a large piece of luggage or baby carriages €11.38/day)
The baggage center can be found at the exit towards Reventlovsgade.
- Opening hours: 05:30 – 01:00 (Monday to Saturday) & 06:00 – 01:00 (Sunday and on bank holidays)
- Location: Banegårdspladsen 1, 1570 København V. (Open in Google Maps)
Segway Tours Copenhagen can also offer you bag storage in Copenhagen
This Segway operated tours also offers left luggage storage for people at large, for the price of DKK 40 (€5,36/day).
- Opening hours: 8:30 – 17:30 (Monday to Sunday)
- Address: Nikolaj Plads 34, 1067. Open in Google Maps
Alternative: Luggage storage at museums and galleries in Copenhagen
Most museums and galleries offer the option to leave your bags at the cloakroom or even have designated lockers for their visitors. It’s a convenient way to enjoy the art pieces without worries. However, be mindful of the fact that lockers in most places tend to be on the smaller size, to be able to cater to a larger number of visitors. So either be sure to pack your essentials in a handbag.
Better safe than sorry – give them a call to make sure the option to leave some bags at the entrance is available at the moment of your visit.
Here’s the locker situation at Copenhagen’s top cultural tourist attractions:
- Christiansborg Palace – large travel items are not allowed inside, but they do have lockers and a cloakroom next to the ticketing office;
- National Museum of Denmark – offers lockers to store large trolleys. For those traveling with children, strollers might need to be left at the entrance and swapped for one of theirs;
- The National Gallery of Denmark (Statens Museum for Kunst) – in the basement you can find free lockers to store your things;
- Amalienborg Palace – bags and coats must be left at the entrance, in one of the lockers they provide.
Great Tip for how to get yourself FREE luggage storage in Copenhagen:
TIP: The demand for luggage storage Copenhagen is high and therefore it can be tricky to find places where you can store your belongings for free, but it is possible!
Travel Hack: Walk into a random hotel and act as you are staying there. Some hotels offer luggage storage for their guests and sometimes even for people who are not staying at the hotel, just ask! And remember to give a great tip in case they want to store it.
Why are you searching for luggage storage in Copenhagen?
Maybe you have to check out of your Airbnb apartment, rental place or hotel and your flight isn’t until tonight?
Or… You just arrived in Copenhagen, ready to explore everything the city has to offer, but your rental place isn’t ready for you for 5 more hours? Most travelers have been in similar situations and experienced the struggle of luggage first hand.
Copenhagen offers a range of possibilities when it comes to the luggage storage and we have gathered everything into this guide to help you.
Therefore there is no reason for you to carry around heavy luggage when you should be enjoying the city.