Book online and receive directions
How Luggage Storage works in 3 steps
Drop off the luggage at a LuggageHero shop
Enjoy your time without the weight of your luggage
Details on how it works:
- No download necessary. To store luggage, travelers simply visit LuggageHero.com, choose a location, and place a booking.
- Start the storage timer on-site and stop the storage timer upon pick-up using your mobile-browser. Most sites have Wi-Fi (designated on the map) for those traveling without Internet access.
- No fees are charged until luggage is dropped off.
- Users are charged by the hour, with a reasonable daily maximum.
- Security seals are placed on bags to assure that luggage remains secure.
- Each piece of luggage and its contents are insured up to $3,000 in the USA and €2,500 in Europe and equivalent amounts elsewhere.
- Customer online chat support is available 24/7.
LuggageHero is a trailblazing luggage-storage network that operates via the peer-to-peer sharing economy system.
Luggage storage sites are located inside existing businesses, including retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more. All are vetted by LuggageHero’s local representative, who performs regular quality checks. Check out some of the people behind the local businesses right here.
Who, Where and When
- Danish founder and CEO Jannik Lawaetz started LuggageHero in 2016 in Copenhagen. It has about 50 drop-off points in his hometown. LuggageHero launched in London on March 2017. It has more than 120 storage sites. New York followed the same year, with more than 140 sites. By October 2019, LuggageHero had expanded to a total of 32 cities, adding sites in Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Boston, Montreal, Rome, Brussels, Nice, Paris, Amsterdam, Chicago, Miami, Venice, Porto, Berlin, Florence, Milan, San Francisco, Vienna, Malaga, Valencia, Hamburg, Dublin, Manchester, Munich, Seville, Marseille, Philadelphia, and Washington DC with +8 new cities coming by early 2020.
- LuggageHero secured VC funding from one of the biggest VC firms in the Nordics as well as a successful crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs that was overfunded within a day of securing investment from more than 740 investors.
- As of October 2019, LuggageHero had racked up more than 1,500,000 hours of stored luggage with no filed claims of damage or loss.
- The company anticipates operating in more than 40 cities by early 2020. Stay tuned by subscribing to the newsletter here.
Turn your travel days into holidays
Store your luggage in a local shop, café or hotel
Pay a low hourly rate including full insurance coverage